What's YOUR routine..?

Do you exercise?

• Yes, I workout regularly

Votes: 64 50.0%
  • Sort of...occasional execise only

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • Nope, God gave me a perfect physique and health

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Ex-er-cise? That's what they do to baby boys, right?

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
So, we all know that motorcycles are not the lightest pieces of equipment out there. And if you have ever ridden aggressively through twisties or completed a track day, you also know that maneuvering a bike at high speed requires some elbow grease. So what do you do to keep yourself in shape, not only for riding but for general health as well?

For me, I don't have a gym membership, so I'm limited to what I can do at home. I have a resistance band, the Perfect Pushup and an exercise ball. I like to do three circuits with 15-20 reps each of the following:

Upper Body
1. Pushups
2. Chest flies
3. Triceps
4. Biceps
5. Rows
6. Shoulder presses

Lower Body
1. Squats
2. Lunges
3. Wall sits
4. Calf raises

Then I do an assortment of abdominal work.
1. Crunches
2. Leg raises (together and alternating)
3. Pelvic thrusts
4. Side crunches

My goal is to add muscle mass. So I try to do high reps, since I can't really strength train with high weight and fewer reps. Doing the circuits for the various body parts with minimal rest between sets allows me to also burn some calories, although I don't aim to burn a lot since I'm trying to increase in size. I also supplement with protein and creatine. In addition, I try to eat more than three meals a day, although I'm finding it harder to do the more I try.

I'm beginning to plateau with the resistance band, so I might try to find a gym somewhere, maybe even use the one at the hospital where I work.

Last edited:

cbzdel

I bought p90x and did it for 3 days and said "F" this hahah..

I am not fat but I am starting to get a beer gut and need to figure something out haha

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I bought p90x and did it for 3 days and said "F" this hahah..

I am not fat but I am starting to get a beer gut and need to figure something out haha
I have heard people mention P90X before, but I have no idea what it is. Can you enlighten me? :confused:

demon408

info-mercial

I have heard people mention P90X before, but I have no idea what it is. Can you enlighten me? :confused:
basic 90 day bootcamp on dvd. get fit fast. but that sht looks hard. but the people in the infomercial make it look good, i have the dvds but im to lazy to open the package:D

shreveport1

Deserted Island Workout - Exercise Routines
Chest, Shoulders and Triceps (Day 1)
Push-Ups (3-5 sets)
Dumbbell Presses
Bent-Over Lateral Raises
Alternate Front Arm Raises
Barbell Shoulder Shrugs
Sit-Ups
Standing Lateral Arm Raises
Tricep Dips
Crunches

Biceps and Back (Day 2)
Chin-Ups, Beam-Ups or Reverse Chin-Ups (3 sets)
Barbell Curls
Dumbbell Bicep Curls
One-Arm Wrist Curls
Forearm Curls
One-Arm Rows
Bicycle Crunches

Legs and Buttocks (Day 3)
Squats (dumbbell optional)
Lunges (dumbbell optional)
Floor Hip Extensions
Bridges
Floor Hip Abductions
Calf Raises (dumbbell optional)
Sit-Ups

Equipment Substitutions Ideas
Barbell: Broom stick, folding metal chair, drumsticks. Place weights in bags and hang from middle or ends.
Dumbbell (large): 1-Gallon Water Jug, bowling ball, heavy bookends, bricks.

Dumbbell (small): Socket wrench, 16oz water bottle, paper weight, trailer hitch.

Preacher stand: Edge of couch or mattress, TV tray.

Chin-Up bar: Any overhead bar or ledge that will hold your weight. A hook or opening through which you can feed a towel

I recommend some form of exercise at least six days per week. Three days of weight bearing, resistance workouts and three days of walking. However, if you are looking to lose weight then walk six or seven days per week, every week. Be sure to walk as purposefully and rapidly for 15 - 20 minutes. You can increase this time as you gain stamina, just be sure to keep doing your resistance training as well.

± I think it is important to eventually invest in a nice set of adjustable dumbbells. York and Cap manufacture quality, affordable fitness equipment. Also be sure to mix it up. If you do a prison workout for several months then try using free weights or machines or yoga. Try biking or swimming instead of walking. Whatever you do, keep it fun and interesting!:D

Last edited:

cbzdel

Yeah its a 90 day workout all on DVD...
P90X® - Fitness, Nutrition, Diet, Weight Loss Official Web site

The commercials make it look easy but its NOT! Its hard as hell!! Each video is about 1 hour long, and there are a total of 10 or 11 videos..

Its not your typical workout, I was dying just from the 5 minute warmup!!

Go on youtube and just type in something like p90x results and you will see thousands of videos people have posted of their before and after.. And I have to say the results are pretty dramatic!!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Man, some of the people look completely different!! :eek:

How much did you pay for the complete system? What else would I need that is not included with the workout DVDs?

cbzdel

Man, some of the people look completely different!! :eek:

How much did you pay for the complete system? What else would I need that is not included with the workout DVDs?
In addition to the DVD's you need a pull up bar (i used a door frame version) and a set of hand weights. And then I aldo got this stretchy band thing that can be used for resistance training.. I think I paid $60 or so for the equipment and then I got the DVDs from Costco for I think $70 or something like that..

You can also illegally download them as torrents as well, but you didnt hear that from me lol

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
HAHA I don't have any torrent software. I guess I need to start looking around to see if I can find it cheaper than advertised online.

demon408

if you really want it

HAHA I don't have any torrent software. I guess I need to start looking around to see if I can find it cheaper than advertised online.
i can burn a copy of it for u. this will give me a reason to open the package. all i need is dum-bell and the iron man door frame pull up bar like the pix. if u want let me know.

Attachments

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
i can burn a copy of it for u. this will give me a reason to open the package. all i need is dum-bell and the iron man door frame pull up bar like the pix. if u want let me know.
You are willing to make copies of all 12 or 13 discs?? That would be truly awesome!!

I know it would be a lot more work, but if you did this, would there be a way to include any copies of the extras that I have seen, like the nutrition guide and whatnot?

Thanks!

stroke

nice i like this post my brother owns a 24 hour fitness center... working out regularly can really help out with the little pains or moving your bike around when needed... not to mention make you feel and look a lot better then people who dont do anything..

xplodnstar

In addition to the DVD's you need a pull up bar (i used a door frame version) and a set of hand weights. And then I aldo got this stretchy band thing that can be used for resistance training.. I think I paid $60 or so for the equipment and then I got the DVDs from Costco for I think $70 or something like that..

You can also illegally download them as torrents as well, but you didnt hear that from me lol
I would suggest starting with their lower program, Power90, a it's not quite as intense and still gives great results. You just need some bands or small dumbells for that one. I was able to stick with it for about 2 months before the holidays and being sick took me out. I did lose like 10 pounds, though. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm practically a waif as it is.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I would suggest starting with their lower program, Power90, a it's not quite as intense and still gives great results. You just need some bands or small dumbells for that one. I was able to stick with it for about 2 months before the holidays and being sick took me out. I did lose like 10 pounds, though. Doesn't sound like much, but I'm practically a waif as it is.
So I take it Power90 is a step easier than P90X? :don'tknow:

I am in pretty good shape. I do the occasional 5K and I am competing in a triathlon at the end of this month. So I'm not really worried about intensity or difficulty. In fact, I would prefer it to be quite hard in the beginning. It will give my muscles the wake up call they need to start growing. That's my biggest goal, to add muscle.

xplodnstar

So I take it Power90 is a step easier than P90X? :don'tknow:

I am in pretty good shape. I do the occasional 5K and I am competing in a triathlon at the end of this month. So I'm not really worried about intensity or difficulty. In fact, I would prefer it to be quite hard in the beginning. It will give my muscles the wake up call they need to start growing. That's my biggest goal, to add muscle.
I would say the Power90 is a couple steps down. Not that it isn't intense enough, but the P90X is INSANE!!!. Also the Power90 is only 2 disks with 2 complexity levels and is only 30 - 40 minutes a day rather than 1 hour +. It also doesn't require you to keep a defibrillator on hand. :p

Either way, if you want a sample of either, I'm sure I could figure something out. ;)

adidaskid810

my workout routine goes as follows.

I do a combination of full body days with push/pull days.

Sun - full body workout
Squat - 3x4-8
Bench - 3x4-8
Sitting/standing Calves - 3x4-8
Lat pull w/ v-bar - 3x4-8
Dumbell curls - 3x4-8
Tricep pushdown - 3x4-8
Swim 6-8 laps (25 meters = one lap)

Mon - off day

Tues - push (same sets/reps as above)
Bench
Squat
Tricep pushdown
Clean and Press
Calf Raises

Weds - Pull
Deadlift
Lat Pulldown
Shrugs
Dumbell curls
Stiff leg deadlift

Thu - Off day

Fri - full body workout
same as sundays

Sat - Off day

Craxican

two words for me...

CROSS FIT...check it out...my buddy opened his own gym and is an affiliate...stuffs crazy!!!

Example:

Do this for 4 rounds: 20 Burpees, then 25 pull-ups, and 30 squats

That is the warm-up of the day...

The workout is "How many rounds can you do in 12 minutes of the following:

10 - 95lbs Barbell front squat, 15 - 95lbs Barbell push press, followed by 1 - 50yrd Keg Carry (there and back = 100yards)"

THEN (yes there's more)

Cool down is 20 tire flips (big tires) followed by stretching...and vomiting lol

NYGirl

What?? me work out??

Nooooooo!

I... have... horses.....

50 lb bags of feed
40 lb bales of hay
50 lbs of manure per horse per day (2 horses)
saddles..
trailers..

Work out? WTF for?
LOL

Roaddawg

P90X is no joke. I'm on my second round, starting week 5 (of 12). It's a tough program, but totally worth it if you want to get in great shape. The only bad part is it takes about 1 1/2-2 hours to workout and cool down from the workout. Here's my day 1 and day 60 pics from my first round last year.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
P90X is no joke. I'm on my second round, starting week 5 (of 12). It's a tough program, but totally worth it if you want to get in great shape. The only bad part is it takes about 1 1/2-2 hours to workout and cool down from the workout. Here's my day 1 and day 60 pics from my first round last year.
Those look like some pretty good results! :thumbup:

I'm still waiting for a copy to show up. :eek: