What's YOUR routine..?

Do you exercise?

• Yes, I workout regularly

Votes: 64 50.0%
  • Sort of...occasional execise only

Votes: 39 30.5%
  • Nope, God gave me a perfect physique and health

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Ex-er-cise? That's what they do to baby boys, right?

Votes: 14 10.9%

• Total voters

bmw675

new found respect for the system. i bought it and pressed play immediately, thinking this will not be too bad. wrong, this is intense and put me in my place. i hope i make it the rest of the week. :eek:

So I finally broke down and purchased the P90X program. I just got started this week, and tonight is the 3rd workout. The program is intense so far, and I only expect it to get even more so as the weeks go by. Looking forward to the end results. :D

I also learned that I may look fit, but I am in far worse shape than I originally thought. :eek:

Here's to a new me in 90 days! :thumbup:

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
new found respect for the system. i bought it and pressed play immediately, thinking this will not be too bad. wrong, this is intense and put me in my place. i hope i make it the rest of the week. :eek:
Don't beat yourself up over one workout. The fitness test they have you do before starting is VERY misleading. The minimum number of pull-ups they recommend is like 3. But in the very first video, they were all cranking out 15-30 pull-ups EACH time!

The motto is "Do your best and forget the rest!" And I feel that is a good philosophy. I can't keep up with them in the videos, but I push myself hard and know that I will still benefit. In fact, in just this first week, I added 1/4 inch to both my arms and my abs are more defined. You are going to be sore, but stick with it. Tonight is Day 1 of Week 2 for me and I can't wait to get started. I actually look forward to the workouts, even though I know they are killer. :thumbup:

Craxican

Glad to see you like the intensity...you really should check out crossfit when you are finished with your P90X...I do Crossfit workouts (theyre free too...posted on their website daily)...I also started doing Brazilian JuJitsu and just the warm-ups for this is ridiculous!

Yesterday at my gym we did, the warmup which was dynamic range of motion drills (DROM Drills) followed by 5 mins nonstop jump rope and 5 mins on the rower...then we did 6 sets of 3 on back-squats (going up in weight each time) I finally hit 300lbs (not the greatest but Im happy)...then we did the WOD (workout of the day)...

The workout was: 1 round = 10 box jumps followed by 10 pull-ups

so we tried to see how many rounds could be done in 5 minutes...i finished four rounds and 10 box jumps (our resident FITspert only finished 3 so I was impressed with my performance)
then we took a two minute break and did another 5 minutes worth of rounds but this time a round was as follows

1 round = 10 HandStand Push-Ups followed by 10 45lbs overhead lunges

i finished that off with 2 rounds and 5 hspu

Its some awesome stuff....crazy thing is...if you look at me...i do not look like the type of person who can do a bunch pull-ups and stuff...

TRY THE "ANGIE" WORKOUT...100 pullups, pushups, situps, and air squats for TIME...check it out if fitness is your thing

Pizz

I find that keeping the core tight (back and abdominals) as well as shoulders/neck keeps the cramps away on the long days of riding.

We have a gym in our house with many pieces of equipment. Main ones (for biking) are the situp bench, back crunch bench, bench press and universal.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Workout support and motivation

Since this thread is all about exercise, I will also use it as a place for everyone to post updates and keep track of each others progress. That way we have a thread for support and motivation.

I'll get this started. "Hi, my name is Robert and I'm a P90X'er." :p:D

Anyway, just thought I would post about the first week using the system. It works! In just the first week alone, I have added 1/4 inch to my arms, a 1/4 inch to my chest and lost a 1/2 inch from my waist. I feel great! I'm energized and I have stopped being so sluggish to get out of bed in the mornings. :steve:

Craxican

Hello...My name is Joshua ( i go by josh or eshua), I am a CrossFit-er. The first month and a half I started crossfit I lost 20lbs...over the next 2 months I gained 10lbs of muscle. Don't know my measurements but i know my weight stuff: (1 rep maxs here...any questions...please ask) I weigh in at approx. 215lbs

Clean and Press: 155lbs,
Clean and Jerk: 175lbs
1arm CleanPpress: 115lbs (both arms can do 115lbs each)
Deadlift: 335lbs
Shoulder Press: 155lbs
Shoulder P/Press:195lbs
Front Press: 155lbs
Front P/Press: 185lbs
Snatch: 135lbs (just started learning this one)
Backsquat: 300lbs
FronstSquat: 255lbs
Bench Press: 285lbs
Pull-ups: 25 body weight-non-stop (going for 30 this week)
Pull-ups: 10 body weight-non-stop with 40lbs vest on

I think thats about it...like i said...any questions let me know...

Craxican

I just hit 205lbs on a split jerk!:D (First time I've ever done split jerks too!!!)...I also started doing double-under-criss-cross with the jump rope:eek:...

PuRpl3_Dr4nK

All I work out is glamour muscles. Bis, tris, pecks and calves. Oh and lats too. I hate ab workouts so I don't do a whole lot of those.

bmw675

i just finished week one and i think i did pretty good for the first time.
i dont have any problems with the ab ripper x, i actually enjoying do it, as well as the plyo. the 3 weight ones are tough but so far i think the kenpo is rediculous. its not hard stamina wise, but they go so fast and it's almost like an art to do those moves smoothly. bring on week 2.

Don't beat yourself up over one workout.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
i pulled a muscle putting my helmet on...

is there like a P30x for those of us who want to work out but, only one third of the intensity?
:rof: That's funny! The 90 refers to the length in days, but there is a Power90 program that is less intense but still offers good results.

I've added size to my glamor muscles, reduced my waist and dropped 2% body fat! And that's all in the first 2 weeks!! :eek::steve::thumbup: This program is fantastic and I actually look forward to the workouts each day.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Accountability time...

Ok, I'm just checking in here to see how everyone is doing. I have completed 60 days of the P90X program and like what I see so far. Below are comparison pictures from Day 1 to Day 60. Pay no attention to the farmer's tan. I spent all day yesterday fishing, and it was sunny and very windy! So now I have great tan lines (nice sharp "projector cut-off" lines). :eek:

xplodnstar

DAAAANNNG, Robert!!!! My girl friend and I are sitting here drooling over the new you. Way to go!!!!

MikeN02

I recently joined the gym two weeks ago. Been working out 5 days a week, 2 hours a day.

What drives me insane is how hot it is with all of your gear on after your workout. So a couple days I just rode home in my gym shorts, but thought it was reallly dangerous and went ahead and bought mesh pants. Best idea in a while. Also just wear my Icon Field Armor instead of my jacket but it's only about 4 miles away from home.

I took a picture of my biceps and tried posting it under the Mods section, but............. it said the file was too big!

Halon

Of course firstly let me say hello, I'm new in the forums and haven't had seen a thread to speak in until this. I know next to nothing about motorcycles and am learning more every day, but fitness on the other hand is something I've got a little more time and experience in. ;)

My week consists of about 5-6 days of workout and 1-2 days rest period to recover, depending on how I feel. My goal is usually to allow 45-60 minutes to work out in, and accomplish as much as I can. I don't like to work out until I'm exhausted, just until I feel like I've accomplished my target zone goal for the day. Some days chest and upper body, some days legs, some days cardio, just however I feel. I could probably benefit from a set schedule, but I'm just not that organized, and I'm not going for Olympic fitness. ;)

I'm lucky enough to have a gym with my apartment, it may not be the most fancy equipment, but dumbbells and a treadmill will help you with any program you want if you have the imagination for it. Or iFitness.

I wake up early and start my workout by 7:30-7:45am, start with a pre-workout NO builder and caffeine drink to help wake up and get myself in the mood to pump. Stretching while I drink is a perfect way to wake up (I still miss you, coffee. :( ) Starting early in the day will help kick-start your metabolism and also helps with giving me alot of energy throughout the rest of the day. If you can get up early to work out I really recommend it! If not, fit it in wherever you can.

Take more water than you can finish, if you're like me you'll be surprised how much you can drink in the course of one workout.

Post workout is important as well, this is the beginning of your recovery! If you don't take this part serious as well, you may as well just be wasting your time and sweat. I immediately start with a creatine + dextrose drink, you can either buy them independently (cheaper) or premixed ($$$). I personally just prefer pre-mixed, its easier for me and all I have to do is pop a few scoops in my mixer cup and chug. Then as soon as I can afterward I load my next drink; a post-workout protein drink. I'm sure we're all familiar with some brand we prefer, so get whatever you think works best for you.

also of course if you're on a creatine regiment, you need to stay hydrated throughout the day. Probably the last random note.

I'm sure alot of this has already been mentioned, but I just thought I'd chip in to offer my routine. :)

DjOrchie

Being a Military Firefighter exercise is very important in my life. You guys want to get into good shape. Go to this website and do the workouts posted. New ones posted everyday with video's describing how to do everything properly.

Crossfit.com

These workouts will turn you into a machine ;)

Roaddawg

Charging.....CLEAR!! Zzzaaappp..

That wasn't me reviving this thread, that was me getting revived!!

I just started the INSANITY workout from Beachbody.....alls I gotta say is wholly crap!! I'm on the third day and each time I completely soak my shirt in sweat in the first fifteen minutes, and its a 30-40 minute workout! I thought P90X had me sweating, but this one is intense cardio. Have any of you done this workout, the Insanity one?

sammy56

Not me. I play ice hockey a couple times a week (I am a Montrealer living in Atlanta) and I work out a couple times a week. Just enough to stay healthy. My two kids will be kicking my a$$ soon enough!

LB