What would you do?

Billsbet0

I've enjoyed my 2011 FZ6R for 5 years (bought it used) and 81,000 miles, it's my commuter bike. Picked up a new, 0 mile, 2015 FJR1300 when the dealerships were trying to make room for 2017 models and dropped the price to a point I could not pass up.

Over the years I have added a Corbin saddle, Race Tech modified forks, custom exhaust and several different windshields. Bike has been down once and rear ended once. On the down, frame sliders did their job and the only damage is a dent on the gas tank from the handlebars slapping it. On the rear end, the license plate holder and rear turn signal mount is bent down. Have $300 of new OEM parts thanks to the insurance company sitting on my work bench. The bike has a clean title.

Spoke with 2 local bike shops about selling it on consignment. Both said I could only expect to get about $1,000 for it due to the mileage.

I have been thinking about parting it out if the mileage is the issue. Corbin saddle was over $500. Race Tech forks are just over $600. Custom exhaust, well, it wasn't cheap. Don't expect to get retail prices but I am wondering if it would be worth the time selling it by pieces or just sell it as is.

Wondering if anyone has parted a bike out before and what your experience was?

So, what would you do?

Billsbet0

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member