What about a projector project

I actually have two spares now. So I have options...:sinister:

Ok, so I guess it takes a long time to get from China... :rolleyes:

My projectors are in the mail, and they are scheduled to be arriving Thursday. I'm not sure I will make any progress that weekend because I will be remodeling my one and only bathroom...so I guess that takes priority (at least for my wife it does).

My projectors are in the mail, and they are scheduled to be arriving Thursday. I'm not sure I will make any progress that weekend because I will be remodeling my one and only bathroom...so I guess that takes priority (at least for my wife it does).

Hate ordering from hong kong, usually takes 3 to 4 weeks.

A 5 gallon bucket goes a long way...:eek:

Teaser pic...

So I got the projectors in 2 days earlier than I expected, so I started to play around. Here is a teaser pic of how it will look. Since this is my only transportation, I can't get the fairings off to get it wired up until the weekend. I hope to take some time out from demoing my bathroom to get this done. It looks pretty darn sexy though! I can't wait to see the difference in lighting.

Stay tuned boys and girls!

So I got the projectors in 2 days earlier than I expected, so I started to play around. Here is a teaser pic of how it will look. Since this is my only transportation, I can't get the fairings off to get it wired up until the weekend. I hope to take some time out from demoing my bathroom to get this done. It looks pretty darn sexy though! I can't wait to see the difference in lighting.

Stay tuned boys and girls!

That's is pretty damn sexy!

Are you going to do this with an HID kit or the stock bulb?

I will not be using the stock bulb. The projectors came with a 6000K HID bi-xenon bulb that should give me some pretty awesome light output. It will have both the low and hi beams, along with the blue angel eye.

The wiring looks like it will be pretty straight forward as well. Virtually a plug-and-play setup, with the exception of running a ground, a 12V line to the battery and splicing into a switched power source for the angel eye. I think the biggest problem is going to be getting all the fairings off and deciding where I will mount the ballast and controller.

Shoe Goo on the frame my friend. That's how mine's attached for my HID.

You attached it to the frame? Did you attach it to the flat part at the front of the frame between the neck and the tank?

Any particular version of Shoe Goo? I see that there are a number of types with different numbers, possibly different adhesive qualities. Also, where might I be able to buy it?

Last edited:
Will the projections beam still allow for the focusing of the hi-beam? Does it still add extra visibility (to you, not for you) during daylight?

Will the projections beam still allow for the focusing of the hi-beam? Does it still add extra visibility (to you, not for you) during daylight?

What's nice about these is that the stock housing allows you to use the factory adjusters for focusing the light output. So I would imagine that you could just turn the dials to get the light to be where you want it.

As far as visibility, I will have to wait to answer that until I get them installed and see. I imagine they will look very much like the projectors on cars, with the slightly blue hue to them. So visibility should not be an issue.

Thanks! I will see about finding a local Michaels and picking up some of the E6000.

So it's all getting closer to being done. I ran the wires today and tested to make sure things worked. It was nice to see everything come on! :steve:

I lost my daylight and the garage lights suck bad, so I will have to finish up tomorrow.

So it's all getting closer to being done. I ran the wires today and tested to make sure things worked. It was nice to see everything come on! :steve:

I lost my daylight and the garage lights suck bad, so I will have to finish up tomorrow.

What, you didn't want to rig up your lowly halogen headlamp assembly to illuminate your way to projector beam HID goodness? :D

What, you didn't want to rig up your lowly halogen headlamp assembly to illuminate your way to projector beam HID goodness? :D

That wouldn't have been a bad idea, but there is only room for one headlight assembly on the bike. :eek:

Alrighty, everything is finished (except putting most the plastics back on)!! :steve:

However, you have to wait until it gets dark to see it. :p

Back