Anyone install Racetech gold valves?

jjmaine

I grabbed a set of gold valves and a pair of fork preload adjusters so I wont have to take the fork caps off to adjust my preload with washers (plus they look cool😊).

Wondering if anyone has installed the gold valves and what you ended up with for settings on the valves and how you drilled your damper rods (what size holes and where)? I plan to follow Racetechs instructions but just hoping that someone might be able to give me a head start on the process. Probably wont get them in for a few weeks as I’m still waiting on the Nitron shock and plan to do it all in a day….IMG_1982.jpegIMG_1983.jpeg

jjmaine

Will do, I have all the stuff and it should be an easy install. The instructions on setup and drilling the damper rods are really straight forward. Just waiting for some free time….

jjmaine

I’d also wait and see how they work. Or if they dont work I’ll sell you mine (j/k 😊). Half of the people say they are awesome and the other half say they dont do a damn thing lol. We’ll find out. I know one thing, I put Ohlins fork cartridge kit in my Ninja 300 and it was amazing. I wish Ohlins made a kit for the Fz6r I would have gotten that instead. Andreani makes a cartridge kit for the xj-6 but I’ve heard that their cartridge kits are valved WAY too stiff for the street and they need to be modified by a knowledgable suspension shop to work well.

Ohlins does make a kit for the Mt-07 and those are 41mm forks as well. I do wonder if they would mount right up??? If I could only get the specs and length on the mt forks…. I know they are 41mm and the fork cap thread has got to be the same. Even if the damper rod bolts were different size/thread pitch you could use Mt-07 bolts…. Hmmm.

jjmaine

My prophecy proved true I guess. I ordered a set of Traxxion Ar-25 damper rods (that have cartridge style valving on top) but Traxxion called and said that their 41mm Ar-25’s wont work for the Fz6r forks because they are Soqi and not Kyb so they refunded my money. 😞. So I was forced to order a set of Andreani cartridges.

If anyone wants a fair deal on these Gold Valves and preload adjusters let me know. I also have a new bottle of maxima fork oil 20w (which is what Racetech reccomends to use with their gve’s)….