Want to set up as Sport Tourer

all this whinging about the seats...harden up ladies, your scooters are nearly warmed up enough for you to ride! ;P

Grips - I use Oxford Touring Heated grips, I run them on 30% whenever I'm riding for more than an hour. They alone make a massive difference to your wrists and finger circulation (yes I ran them on the weekend for a quick 400km trip in 40c temps!) don't knock them until you have tried them on long rides! (doubled with guards in those cooler climates would be very comfortable!'

Screen - recently changed to the Zero Gravity Double bubble, big improvement over the stock one for me (im 6'3") however now my jacket isn't cooling me down enough as there is no airflow through the vents :( win some and loose some! BUffetting is a little better now on my helmet, next long ride I will get a better idea as to noise levels as I have taken my whisper kit out of my helmet with this current heat here in Oz.

Cruise - Vista lock, small plastic "clip" that goes between the grip and your controls, very small and inconspicuous. easy to roll it off whilst still engaged etc, and cant really be activated without you wanting it to be.

other than that I would really recommend an exhaust and power commander. they transform the bike more than any other mod!

enjoy!

Bendigo to Uluru

I have an FZ6R and I want to do the pilgrimage to Ayers Rock. I was going to camp for accommodation and so I will need some luggage. Was going to go with a Ventura Mistral rack pack and then some soft side bags. Question is do I need the FZ6R Stays for soft side bags? Any advice would be much appreciated on touring setup.

Here's my 5 minute sport tourer transformation. I slapped my Giant Loop Great Basin saddlebag from my dual sport on it. No mounts required. Works great. For general comfort I have the Yammy double bubble windscreen, Spider grips and I put a base layer of Sorbothane on my seat. I don't think these bikes really care whether it's doing an extra 400 rpm or not, so the +1 front sprocket is truly optional. I tried it and went back to stock.

The main strap that goes across the seat to secure my bags is velcro, its hard to get tension on the bags with the velcro setup.If you can see the buckles on the sides of my saddlebags I just ran a spare strap across the seat from bag to bag from those buckles so I could put tension on them and raise the bags some.

y4yqa3ug.jpg

I saw a mod that another member has done.He bought a couple small pieces of aluminum and made a simple barrier to keep the bags from rubbing on the tire.You should be able to figure out something yourself, just make sure you have a night or two to mess around with your setup some before your trip.

Sent from my BNTV600 using Tapatalk
Man like the R6 header and Can setup you have, looks way nicer than some on here the way it extends out past the foot peg just looks like it was suppose to be there.
The picture of your ride is very close to the setup I have.
Will post up a few shots when and if I ever get to wash the darn bike.
I made a saddlebag holder for mine out of some tubing and round, there are pictures here somewhere. I actually was going to make some for sale but no one seemed interested, mine have served me well thus far.

Last edited by a moderator:

Back