Videos with Gopro Hero 2

Kmango79

Hey everyone, just wanted to post some videos that have been taking with my new Gopro Hero 2. I haven't made that many videos, because the weather has been a bit colder since I got the camera. The rides are some back roads not to far from my place. I did post some videos on the Rook's thread to. I've only been riding since April 2011 since I bought my FZ6R and have to say I love riding it so far. Any tips on riding tips and camera placements would be greatly appreciated. Also included some pics of the pic, enjoy. <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/K60jvztOVlA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> <iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SgZQI-Dh0_I" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Attachments

roadrat

Good to see some contributions from newer members, especially with all the members selling bikes right now. I like the tank placement on the video - makes me feel like I'm the guy on the bike! Was that a dead dog you dodged at 1:15, lol?

Thanks for posting man!

ajskillz13

If you really want to get creative... here's a site that has some great examples of neat mounting positions.
GoPro HD Mounting Ideas on your Motorcycle | PashnitMoto.com

I really like both positions you have there. I would suggest left fairing vs. right, but I'm sure you're going to try that too.

I wasn't able to find a secure enough spot on my tank to comfortably put the suction mount, so I got a handle bar mount that makes for an interesting perspective. Movement while turning is a bit different.

Kmango79

Good to see some contributions from newer members, especially with all the members selling bikes right now. I like the tank placement on the video - makes me feel like I'm the guy on the bike! Was that a dead dog you dodged at 1:15, lol?

Thanks for posting man![/QUOT

I don't believe it was a dead dog lol, it was a bag of some sort.

Kmango79

Here is another video I just uploaded. This video has the camera mounted on top of my helmet.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/qJjcm1VUzOY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

Rookasaki

Nice vid's brother:thumbup: But I have a really hard time believing that you have only been riding since April 2011. The (front tire vid) was my favorite. You rode really well, nice and smooth, down shifted a lot instead of breaking, took corners and lines nicely. At 2:43 you did a great job reaction to an object in the road while in a corner. At 7:00 I'm sure you were cursing in your lid because that dang cager was in your way (I do that all the time) Not that my words or opinion matters, but great Job, you don't look like a riders who has minimal experience. Keep the vid's coming brother!

Kmango79

Nice vid's brother:thumbup: But I have a really hard time believing that you have only been riding since April 2011. The (front tire vid) was my favorite. You rode really well, nice and smooth, down shifted a lot instead of breaking, took corners and lines nicely. At 2:43 you did a great job reaction to an object in the road while in a corner. At 7:00 I'm sure you were cursing in your lid because that dang cager was in your way (I do that all the time) Not that my words or opinion matters, but great Job, you don't look like a riders who has minimal experience. Keep the vid's coming brother![/QUOTE

Thanks Rook, the front tire is my favorite so far to. Honestly I have been only riding since April 2011. I guess since my friends call me a safety nut that I'm pretty safe lol :D I just have a knack for picking up things, like a motorcycle. Every time I ride it does scare me a bit, especially around corners. Before I even started ridding people gave me tips like gearing down and and not using the brakes as much. Anyways thanks for the complements and ride safe:thumbup: