*UPDATE* Artists, HELP CREATE MY TATTOO! (DONE!!!)

JSP

Super Moderator
Been wanting to get a tattoo for many many years now. I am extremely picky. VERY VERY picky. Something that will be there forever has to mean a lot to me. I just could never visualize something that I would want on me forever.

Talking with my wife and thinking of some ideas, this is what I have come up with so far as a basis for what I picture in my mind. This is very rough right now haha.

The tree represents strong foundation, family and perseverance. The road is my path (and also represents my love of riding), and the Next 27 miles sign also ties in with the tree/roots/family. My father's birthday is on the 27th, my birthday is on the 27th and my daughters birthday is on the 27th. Different months, but still very meaningful for me.

I think I want to have more branches coming out over the road to fill in some of the empty space there and I want more roots running down from the tree. Maybe even some roots going into and breaking up the road right there to symbolize the bumps I have taken (life in general/motorcycle crash, etc.)

The top of the tree will be up to my shoulder and the beginning of the road and roots will start about my elbow area. Maybe have some roots running a little farther down. Maybe some wind blowing some remaining leaves off of the tree?

If anyone wants to mess with it and draw something up that would be awesome, or just offer up some ideas as well. I want it drawn like an actual realistic picture I think, but still with that tattoo pop. Was thinking just black and white. I will be talking with actual tattoo artists sometime here shortly in the next few weeks most likely.

Last edited:

Parcho

Just an idea, but to condense it a bit more, maybe put the sign nailed to the tree or something. With a bit of overgrowth and what not, it could look pretty good.

JSP

Super Moderator
Just an idea, but to condense it a bit more, maybe put the sign nailed to the tree or something. With a bit of overgrowth and what not, it could look pretty good.
LOVE that idea!!! Thank you!

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Been wanting to get a tattoo for many many years now. I am extremely picky. VERY VERY picky. Something that will be there forever has to mean a lot to me. I just could never visualize something that I would want on me forever.

Talking with my wife and thinking of some ideas, this is what I have come up with so far as a basis for what I picture in my mind. This is very rough right now haha.

The tree represents strong foundation, family and perseverance. The road is my path (and also represents my love of riding), and the Next 27 miles sign also ties in with the tree/roots/family. My father's birthday is on the 27th, my birthday is on the 27th and my daughters birthday is on the 27th. Different months, but still very meaningful for me.

I think I want to have more branches coming out over the road to fill in some of the empty space there and I want more roots running down from the tree. Maybe even some roots going into and breaking up the road right there to symbolize the bumps I have taken (life in general/motorcycle crash, etc.)

The top of the tree will be up to my shoulder and the beginning of the road and roots will start about my elbow area. Maybe have some roots running a little farther down. Maybe some wind blowing some remaining leaves off of the tree?

If anyone wants to mess with it and draw something up that would be awesome, or just offer up some ideas as well. I want it drawn like an actual realistic picture I think, but still with that tattoo pop. Was thinking just black and white. I will be talking with actual tattoo artists sometime here shortly in the next few weeks most likely.

Dude, that is some deep $h!t....I totally love the idea!! I wish I could help you out, but I have very limited artistic skills. I can't wait to see how this progresses and what the finished product looks like!

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
Edited Deal's Gap idea?

Here's one I combined of two Deal's Gap photos. My 27 isn't all that great.... Maybe leave out the whole hilly background and focus on the trees to the left?

Attachments

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

6R Blackout

JSP here's an idea, how about your daughters name or a portrait of her! Just my 2cents. I have my daughters name on me and it means alot to me. I do plan to get her portrait on me as soon as I find a really good artist!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

CrazyCawi

The thing you need to remember is over time the "fine detail" will bleed... so you need to keep the real tiny detailing to a minimum

working on designing something for you...

JSP

Super Moderator
Thanks for all the ideas. I will be swinging by a place tomorrow at lunch to drop off the picture and a lot of the ideas and let them have at it and see what they come up with.

Really do not want any brand logos, etc. I like the portrait idea but I have seen some bad portraits and i'm just not sure thats something that I want.

Thanks again guys. Really excited to get this worked up.

danieljardim

Thanks for all the ideas. I will be swinging by a place tomorrow at lunch to drop off the picture and a lot of the ideas and let them have at it and see what they come up with.

Really do not want any brand logos, etc. I like the portrait idea but I have seen some bad portraits and i'm just not sure thats something that I want.

Thanks again guys. Really excited to get this worked up.

Idea looks awesome. Can't wait to see final result.

There is a problem though. You can't never stop on the first one. Is like and addiction. I have 3 and already planing another 2.

Make sure you make it big and black and white.

JSP

Super Moderator

Idea looks awesome. Can't wait to see final result.

There is a problem though. You can't never stop on the first one. Is like and addiction. I have 3 and already planing another 2.

Make sure you make it big and black and white.
Thanks. Yeah i think I want just black and white. I do want it to cover most of my arm from elbow to shoulder.

bleedinblue

Elite Member
Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
I flipped it and have the signs nailed to the tree. Put a little root damage in the road.

Again, this is just quick and dirty stuff for imagery purposes. I REALLY like the signs on the tree so thanks a ton for that idea!

Still want more branches coming out and some sort of background maybe? But this is a great starting point I think to give to the artist and see what they can do with it.

That was always another fear and hold back of getting a tattoo. I had no idea what I wanted so I did not ever want to waist their time and not like any ideas they came up with out of thin air. This will make it much easier and more meaningful. Really happy and excited about it. Wife and kid love it so far.

Bert-Aus

Hey jspansel

Not sure if this helps, quick knockup while at lunch... obvisouly your way more buff than this body double

I thought the idea of the road leading it's way up your sleave was a interesting metaphor, making it's ascention to your heart -the whole destination of life thing

Attachments

CrazyCawi

Hey jspansel

Not sure if this helps, quick knockup while at lunch... obvisouly your way more buff than this body double

I thought the idea of the road leading it's way up your sleave was a interesting metaphor, making it's ascention to your heart -the whole destination of life thing
beautiful Idea

JSP

Super Moderator
Haha thats great! Thanks! :D. Was thinking stretching it out like that.

danieljardim

Thanks. Yeah i think I want just black and white. I do want it to cover most of my arm from elbow to shoulder.
Landscape tattoos in color in my opinion can't get weird and too colorful if its not done right.

This is how I had mine done. Black and white.

(Was a cover up - my ex girlfriends name is under that big bamboo).