Two Brothers Juice Box + Header?

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I have a JB and TBR exhaust. I actually have a little bit of moisture coming out of the exhaust. Is this a sign that my settings are a little rich?
Are you running the JB at the settings that it came with from TBR or did you adjust them? Also, is it all the time that you see the moisture, or only when you first start it up? Have you smelled the moisture to see if it has a strong fuel odor?

Funkmaxtor

I personally think the moisture is just condensation. I usually only see it when the bike is cool. I have bumped up the fuel settings for accel. and full throttle. I also dropped the point when both of those modes kick in. I did have the bike shoot a ~6" flame a few weeks back. I bumped the fuel back on that mode and it is no longer a problem. I don't know how to tell if the bike is rich or lean. I do know that I would like to gain a bit more power. I feel like the bike was a little snappier before I put the JB on with the TBR exhaust. Definitely more power from the TBR exhaust. I have not decided what I really think about the JB though.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I figured condensation was what you were seeing. I know I get some when I first start the bike in the morning.

Other than getting an O2 sensor installed or going to get it dyno'ed, it's really difficult to know whether you are rich or lean. After a while, you could pull the plugs out and look at them, but that is more of a subjective estimation.

For me, I ran the TBR exhaust for about 4000 miles before adding the JB. I noticed immediately that everything smoothed out: idle, acceleration and throttle response. I'm using the factory JB settings and haven't played with them to see if I could get any better results.

MikeN02

Talked to my guys at my local cycle gear and he said it would work. That usually when you install a new exhaust that you run lean. I have to agree with this as you're getting more air and the same amount of fuel so you have to compensate for the fuel mixture.

I'm going to try out the juice box, anyone know where the lowest price to get one is? I've only seen it around $250.

I'm going to run with a Yoshi pipe and 2002 R6 headers.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
I bought mine through NewEnough. The guys there are awesome, and they tend to have pretty competitive prices. Fast shipping too! :rockon:

cavcuz05

when i did mine i used the M4 tune from the PC website...it helped alot but the Dyno tune got more ponies and ensured a safe fuel mixture

arkkornkid

Just curious if our ecu is like a modern car's?: where if you disconnect the battery for 15 minutes and then reconnect it.... the ecu then has to re-learn the air/fuel mixture. So you then start it and let it idle, and don't touch the throttle, until the fan comes on.

If that's the case, then while you're installing your mods, do this and your rich/lean conditions should correct themselves.

MikeN02

Just curious if our ecu is like a modern car's?: where if you disconnect the battery for 15 minutes and then reconnect it.... the ecu then has to re-learn the air/fuel mixture. So you then start it and let it idle, and don't touch the throttle, until the fan comes on.

If that's the case, then while you're installing your mods, do this and your rich/lean conditions should correct themselves.
That's what I plan on doing, installing my Juice Box and disconnect the battery then plug it back in.

I got a deal on Ebay for $170 R6 2002 Headers + A Yoshi Slip on on it. Gotta search around for the Juice Box.

Let me email/call Nate to see if I can get a discount on it since it says to contact him about it and I don't have to purchase both exhaust and juice box at the same time.

joloy133

On some of these "auto tune boxes" they require an adapter for the O2 sensor. Double check that and since ours don't come with that, I have difficulty making sense of unplug and relearn because there is no way to read the exhaust gases? I'd call or ask 99Vongeur on this one.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, the JB is not an "auto-tune" device. It is a piggy-back that intercepts the ECU signal to the injectors and allows you to tweak it.

I'm not sure what type of fuel monitoring our bike has/uses (if any), but it doesn't consist of an O2 sensor. Thus, I'm not sure unplugging the battery would "reset" the ECU to relearn the new exhaust/air flow configuration. :don'tknow:

MikeN02

Pretty odd, I asked cavcuz05 if he was running too lean or too rich when he did his R6 header and he said too rich.

It's odd because you get more air than fuel because you're removing the cat and adding a bigger pipe/hole.

I think my theory is correct though, the R6 header is like putting the two brothers full exhaust on and when you do that you'll still run lean.

+ I'm adding a less restrictive air filter I think (the K&N) or is it more free flow?

I did place an order for my pipe which came out to $187 + the Juice Box 250 = Around $400 or so.

mfischler

Elite Member

btastarsky

When I talked to the tech at twobrothers, he said that creating our own system from the r6 header would have similar flow characteristics to their system. Yes you may have to tweak it a bit due to unique flow rates and afr's. But it should be all within the jb's capabilities. Also, less restictive is the same as more flow.

MikeN02

When I talked to the tech at twobrothers, he said that creating our own system from the r6 header would have similar flow characteristics to their system. Yes you may have to tweak it a bit due to unique flow rates and afr's. But it should be all within the jb's capabilities. Also, less restictive is the same as more flow.
Which tech did you talk to? Did you email or call? I emailed and got that response...

ME_with_a_B

Anybody have pictures of their Juice Box on the FZ6R? I'm curious to find out where the control is positioned and how it looks...

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Anybody have pictures of their Juice Box on the FZ6R? I'm curious to find out where the control is positioned and how it looks...
I just have mine under the pillion seat. I thought about mounting it behind the windscreen so that I could get to it while riding, but then I realized that I probably couldn't push the buttons with my gloves on anyway.

JonKerr

Elite Member

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
Not much larger than a credit card, and only about 3 times as thick.

Funkmaxtor

I put mine on the left inside the fairing. I can see it when I need to but it isnt shining right in my face. THey give you a velcro strip with it. So I can pull mine off to change the settings if needed.