Two Brothers Australia

Gardy

Hi everyone,

I have had a search for the answer to my question but could only find bits and pieces so I thought I would ask here.

I have just installed a Two Brothers exhaust on my 2014 fz6r I am going to get a mate to weld a bung in for the O2 sensor. My question is do I actually need a PC or will the O2 sensor stop the bike running lean.

Thanks,

Rumpig

The O2 sensor will stop it running lean, (Oz bike guys!). If you want to fit a Power commander or the like thou, the O2 sensor will correct out any adjustments you try and make to add extra fuel. You can remove the O2 sensor but then the bike runs extremely rich. I got around all this by fitting a U.S ecu as U.S bikes don't have an O2 sensor as standard. Had to change some wiring but very simple to do.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/afr-observations-o2-sensor-equipped-bike-32684/

Gardy

The O2 sensor will stop it running lean, (Oz bike guys!). If you want to fit a Power commander or the like thou, the O2 sensor will correct out any adjustments you try and make to add extra fuel. You can remove the O2 sensor but then the bike runs extremely rich. I got around all this by fitting a U.S ecu as U.S bikes don't have an O2 sensor as standard. Had to change some wiring but very simple to do.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f89/afr-observations-o2-sensor-equipped-bike-32684/

Thanks Rumpig,

It's good to know the O2 sensor will do the job, A PC and a US ecu sounds like the go down the track

Rumpig

FZ6r's here are a lams bike, do you have an open licence? has the throttle restriction been removed? Restricted you only get about 60% throttle.

Gardy

FZ6r's here are a lams bike, do you have an open licence? has the throttle restriction been removed? Restricted you only get about 60% throttle.
No I don't have a open licence I do have the derestrictor plate though

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Bert-Aus

If you ditch the O2 sensor altogether then a PCV or Juicebox do the trick as is

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Rumpig

If you ditch the O2 sensor altogether then a PCV or Juicebox do the trick as is

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
I tried that while I had an afr gauge fitted and at cruising revs the AFR's were 10.5, that's why I fitted the U.S ecu. Autotune with a PC5 might fix it.

Gardy

thanks guys, I had the bung welded in yesterday the bike seems a lot better deceleration seems a little different but that could be because I'm not used to hearing it.

Rumpig

You can go into the settings in the dash and change the CO1 and CO2 numbers up and down which affects engine braking and the popping on deceleration. From memory changing them down reduces the popping on deceleration and increases engine braking.

Gardy

You can go into the settings in the dash and change the CO1 and CO2 numbers up and down which affects engine braking and the popping on deceleration. From memory changing them down reduces the popping on deceleration and increases engine braking.

Thanks Rumpig,

I had a grizzly which I could do the same I will check it out