Took this out yesterday

Bert-Aus

Test rode the 2013 Kawasaki Z800

Def a contender for the streetfighter peep's (kawi relaunch of Z750 or challenge to the FZ8??)
Had plenty of low-mid range but felt like nothing above 7000rpm

The colours look way better than this image above

The seat looks awesome, but I felt like it shunts you into the tank, rather than letting you sit in the saddle where you choose.

I enjoyed the ride, quick 45mins run through the hills and back, but dont think i could go back to no windscreen

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

If the FZ8S had better looking mid-fairings, or even full fairings,
I would upgrade tomorrow, cant seem to bring myself to fully appreciate the existing FZ8S or FZ1S

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

BoneJj

wow, it looks good but yeah, I don't care for the seat design too much.

it's a shame that you didn't feel it has much top end on the z800.

I don't even see the z800 on the kawi website yet. What's up with that?

RoadTrip

Well, I went thru and stared up and down at the SS's at the shop today (Kawi, Yami, Suzuki), here is my take after really kicking the tires in a more serious way:

2013 ZX6R - looks best in green, lots of new technology, wasn't a big fan of string bikini look (lots of exposed engine parts, skeleton fairings), but rest of it looked good (front, tank, tail).

R6 - I think this bike would benefit from the new Showa BPF, it still has that old school brake dive type fork, but I guess I would have to ride it to make a full judgement

Gix600/750 - no big changes, I like the bike, good paint, good fitment of plastics, I like the 2013 black 750 and the 2013 red 600

ZX-10R - this one was on my list, but honestly the plastics are kinda janky, particularly on top of the tank, if feels a bit cheap, I think it got downgraded a bit after really playing with it.

R1 - another solid built bike, just like the R6, Yami builds solid bikes, love it in black or blue with the new headlights, but I still worry about the heat issues.

GSXR1000 - best in black, they did a great job of mixing component finishes, mat plastics, and low sparkle paint, and ghosted graphics. It really works, and just has a great understated impression - top of my list. Of course throw out the funky can first thing and put a Yoshi carbon on there.

Hypersports - I thought the Hayabusa was a better finished bike than the ZX-14, the paint looked better, nicer plastics, and it is smaller. The styling of both bikes are stand alone, you could go either way on that point.

I know I sound like a Suzuki fan boy, but the 600 has been a great bike so far, no complaints at all.

Last edited: