Took raven to the hoover dam!!!!

FazerWest

YAY!!!!!!!!! I did it I rode my bike to the hoover dam for the 1st time!!! it was about 40 mile round trip, technically my first time on some twisties too!!! I went 30-35mph cause I'd never done it before and it was SUPER twisty, it was a BLAST!!!! we went in the very early morning, must have been around 6:30ish before the sun was fully out and blasting with heat, was a great morning ride. Oh an the new bridge is in the background too!!!

AND!!!!!!!!! I got my bike up to 72mph!!! and got passed by two cops LOL!!! It was a super successful day! I feel like I learned a lot.

Reactions: JT

FazerWest

Awesome! Been to Nevada several times, never visited Hoover Dam, but it's on my bucket list.
ya it can be a pain to get to the dam depending when you go, first time we made the mistake of going easter weekend, omg, took 2 hours to go 2 miles!!! we just turned the bike off and coasted down hill lol. it's nice to see though!

BKP

Congrats on all the new accomplishments...

...addicting, ain't it... ;)

6R Blackout

You look like your confident in those pictures I wish you would have taken some more pictures of the damn dam!

Keep up the good work, and just ride safe and remember ATGATT

RooKie

Awesome! I've been wanting to ride there for a while now. So jealous! haha :D

tatty2012

I just got back from a trip to Reno last week. Took the 6R, was a long ride from where I live, but was worth the time and experience. I'd like to go to the Hoover Dam sometime, in that case, there are a lot of places that I would like to see..

Congrats on the experience! Be safe, stay within your limits and always remember to keep the rubber side down!!

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

FazerWest

You look like your confident in those pictures I wish you would have taken some more pictures of the damn dam!

Keep up the good work, and just ride safe and remember ATGATT
I am always in full gear! :) and next time will bring the good camera and take pics of the dam for u we just didn't park in the area near the walk over to get pictures of the dam was a quick trip we were trying to beat the heat lol

FazerWest

I just got back from a trip to Reno last week. Took the 6R, was a long ride from where I live, but was worth the time and experience. I'd like to go to the Hoover Dam sometime, in that case, there are a lot of places that I would like to see..

Congrats on the experience! Be safe, stay within your limits and always remember to keep the rubber side down!!
Sounds like u had fun!! How many miles was your trip? I always ride within my limits that's something I always try to stay cautious about and never get over confident id rather ride smart for the long haul than stupid for a short time!!

tatty2012

Sounds like u had fun!! How many miles was your trip? I always ride within my limits that's something I always try to stay cautious about and never get over confident id rather ride smart for the long haul than stupid for a short time!!
Roughly 850 miles roundtrip..

I remember watching some videos on youtube about the FZ6R, before I got it. I now recognize you!!

id rather ride smart for the long haul than stupid for a short time!!
That is perfect!

felix77

Hey Fazer, used to live in Vegas! Moved out in 2005 and have been meaning to visit. I know Sampsel and Preston, the photographers, need to go visit!

I live in Orange county now, I have been looking at buying rental property out there. Build up equity so I can get a house out here lol.

My buddy keeps hounding me about going, he just moved from Vegas in October. If we ever get around to it, maybe we'll put together a group ride!

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member