The most irritating thing about riding

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

FastFreddy

At least you get to turn right on a red light, unless a sign says not too.
We have to wait for the Green light to turn left.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Almost all of ours around here are the octagon shape cut into the asphalt so I assume its the induction type. Its normally not a problem this is so cal after all so normally there is someone around to hit the trigger for you, assume they don't stop 10 feet back of you like I mentioned. I think my order game with 4 stick of gum like magnets maybe if I put them all on it will help.

latony007

I hate to disappoint :)

Check out CA Assembly Bill 1581 (from 2007, not the newer one)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yeah that's about what I read in that article, new ones have to detect motorcycles but the millions of old ones we are on our own lol

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

Agreed, but since most here don't know how to use them properly they are dangerous. There's a big one in downtown Easton, PA where my parents live and it can be hell. They were a dream in the UK, except the double roundabout in Dundee, Scotland.
i think i know what your talking about and the only one i have ever driven on was in Rome in front of the palazzo venecia and it was easy to navigate, of course so are our regular streets and half the idiots around here can't do that right.

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Bert-Aus

Here in Australia the round-about is the road engineer's go to tool for smaller intersections and due to their widespread use, most work very effectively.

Whilst in the Cali last year I was astounded by the amount of 4 way Stop sign controlled intersections, but due to their widespread use the traffic flowed through them without trouble and people were very well mannered to take turns in order of arrival at the intersection!

Either way, they both work in the majority of the time, the only draw back with the round-about is the greater investment required to implement them. As greater area is required for the road reserve and extra investment in kerbing/ guttering etc, however they do provide a location for very small landscape treatments from people like myself:)

Bert-Aus

Back to topic...The most irritating thing about riding...

...that I can not ride more often (including right now)

latony007

Back to topic...The most irritating thing about riding...

...that I can not ride more often (including right now)
i agree with that, i got my cruiser out with the wife this weekend and did 115 miles but its the second weekend in a row i could only get the yamaha out for 10 minutes or so.

latony007

the most irritating thing is all the ****ing Cagers! lol
That is a very good point, imagine how much more fun riding would be if there were no cars on the road. Imagine how much less traffic!

jarshie

but then how many people would attempt to text while riding :rant: looking at you suv moms, that don't know how to check your surroundings before merging!

Last edited:

RooKie

Having to put on/take off ATGATT instead of just getting behind the wheel and turning on the ignition.

... it's totally worth the wait, but can be a bit irritating sometimes.

Fizzer6R

bugs on helmet shield :(

ej'sfz

now this isn't irritating, more so funny. when you rip one in front of a convertible and just wonder......just wonder...... if it hit them. dont tell me im the only one whos done it.... even if so, it helps with the other irritating crap on the road :)