That was short lived....

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

FazerWest

Awwwwwww ok cause that's what I was thinking if a truck was coming on the right ur eally super lucky they didn't run u over! Makes me happy u had all ur gear on and ur bike seems in great shape for a 70mph crash. Hope u get ur collar bone fixed though that can be trouble some if u don't down the line! Stay safe and positive!!

To clarify, the truck that I was talking about, I had just passed, and then right after the van slammed on its brakes. I was looking in the mirror because I was watching the truck since he was throwing a lot of water on me. After I laid the bike down, I knew he would be coming, and while I was sliding I remember seeing the back of the tanker. He had actually pulled over and I remember seeing him as I was laying on the side of the road. He was talking to me and the state police trooper that had responded. It was not ride able, so I had a friend come down on haul it back to my place. The front brake was leaking fluid, and the rear pedal was bent, so not able to be ridden home.

Thanks everyone for your replies, I am doing much better today, mostly sore muscles. I don't think that anything is broken. I do want to say that the paramedics checked me out on scene and said that it is possible that I could have fractured my collar bone but they couldn't diagnose that. I am going to wait a few days and see if it gets any better before dropping a bunch of cash on a doctor telling me that he is going to put me in a sling....which I have already been wearing to keep the pressure off my shoulder. I am feeling hopeful that everything is okay, just sore from the impact of the road.

StarZero81

Elite Member

Kdubb223

damn that's bummer but at least you're alright!

another reason for why I avoid the rain like the plague...:zombie: cage only for the rain.

6R Blackout

Hey White sorry about your bike but more importantly I am glad your ok!

vkamnev

bike is fixable. good to hear you are okay!

CrazyCawi

you avoided the insurance topic, claiming it or eating it? Glad your okay broskie we never like hearing about this. Were you on the throttle accelerating or did you go to a steady speed then realised she hit her brakes? Please tell me you had your gopro....

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

liability only on a brand new bike? and after your recent downage as well?....Cmon bro I assume full coverage was pretty expensive after the full coverage claim on your other bike so you chose liability only? I Know its in the past and I wish you the best in getting your two wheels back under your feet. Lets hope health wise everything is gravy. You dont have to pay for the paramedics coming to the scene do you?

Last edited:

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

make sure you upgrade that insurance now ;)

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Wow....give your self some time before thinking about that

StarZero81

Elite Member

Fizzer6R

it's certainly understandable that you are spooked over what happened, and should be. like said, just give it time, gotta heal the mind as well as the body

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member