Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Detrich

i've heard once u go liter u never go back... for that reason- and insurance- i've decided to stay with the R6 until i'm more proficient before thinking about upgrading to an R1...

honestly, i can't even burn off all my chicken strips or drag knees on a 417 lb bike... <lol> at 445 lbs, the (pre-2012) R1 is like 28lbs heavier and much wider. (2012 R1 is 475 lbs wet.) so, i think i need to keep practicing before jumping ahead of myself. x_X

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Spunky99

Triumph dealer tried to get me to trade in my 1999 955i for a new 675 today.
Once you go liter, you never go back.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

KeysRider3

I had the same esperience with the R6. I'm a big guy, and it was just too cramped, but the R1 was the most comfortable sport bike I've ever tried. Still hoping to get one in the future!

Detrich

i've heard from my friends who own R1's that it's absolutely great for commuting, because of the torque & power. you can get to 65mph in first gear, which is great for street & freeways.

but, they also tell me that the R1's weight makes it less nimble in the canyons and on the track. not that it's less capable- but only that it requires a more rider skill to be able to make the R1 do what an average rider would be able to do on the R6, since it's a lighter bike...

keep us posted. i'm curious how much the insurance is. :) in California, if u have have your M1 less than 3 years, it's bend over for a 1L super sport... some carriers will not even insure you at all... x_X

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

CrazyCawi

Well, got my quote from the insurance company(geico).... All seems doable. The insurance increase isn't much more than the cost to insure the fz6r with the "multiple bike discount". I have 2 bikes now so adding a 3rd one reduces risk or something across the board blah blah blah. I was kind of hoping the insurance would be so outrageous that I couldn't consider it but shit, it's reasonable!

LOL i'm in BIG trouble now as I'm watching youtube vids of R1's, ect lol..

:zombie:
do it and dont look back

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

bleedinblue

Elite Member