Strange Encounters?

raybob

Caribou, moose, bear - all on the Alcan
Bookcase, sofa, mattresses, recliner on the interstate.

Strangest was half-a-deer (still twitching!) on I-90 in Montana.

Bob

roundhouse

well i was not on my bike but it is strange. i pulled into a spot at walmart and when i stepped out there was a butt plug just sitting there on the line between the spaces.

what was someone thinking? "oh i better take this butt plug out before i go into walmart."

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

SpawnXX

Premium Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

BKP

For me... an armadillo, and a five foot indigo snake, for which I stopped, and moved off the road -- they're waaaay too cool (and rare) to get flattened... but, then, you have to love those things to appreciate them... Mine:

However, the coolest are the deer... amazing things:​

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvCOiFcWNHE]Deer jumps over biker - YouTube[/ame]

r0ar

For me... an armadillo, and a five foot indigo snake, for which I stopped, and moved off the road -- they're waaaay too cool (and rare) to get flattened... but, then, you have to love those things to appreciate them... Mine:

However, the coolest are the deer... amazing things:​

Deer jumps over biker - YouTube

I use to be cool with snakes now for some reason I prefer to stay away haha. Probably has something to do with opening my friend bathroom door not realizing his snake was in there and it was "Feeding time" scared the crap out of me.

Anyways that deer video is insaneeee, that thing got some huge air!

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

BKP

so this weekend i hit 4 birds with my subaru legacy.... Which i just primed flat black friday..... I wonder if i have created a stealth subaru!!!!

Strange:rolleyes:
lol.........

dcBear78

Echidna.... I saw it from a mile away thinking, "look there's an echidna slowly crossing the road. Don't see that every day." By the time I got to it I had to do a bit of an emergancy swerve to miss it, even though I had all the time and space in the world to miss it.

For those not so familiar with Australian fauna. This is an echidna

buzzbomb

Elite Member

StarZero81

Elite Member

poWKaw

lol aweee, I haven't seen an echidna in years!

Can't say it's really a strange encounter but riding out in the open roads in the warm summer afternoon with lots of bugs out and about.

Managed to get one hit my helmet (as they do) but it some how managed to fly right into my mouth vent and smash up against the mesh guard (to stop things like that getting in your helmet...) in result it's guts then flew into my semi open unprepared mouth and copped a mouth full which came to a sudden shock making me almost dry-reach...

Apart from that, I had a bird some how majestically land a shit on my helmet too while riding 60+mph what aim! My mates had a good laugh at least, who knows, luck right?

Fulkon

Strangest for me was a black bear, while riding on hwy. 107 near Cashiers NC.

MustGoFaster

I've seen a lot of strange stuff on the road: Bison, caribou and resting camel, apparent picnickers causing a traffic jam, a (pretty awesome) stripshow in the cab of another semi, on the I-95, and etc. Heck, in Saudi you'd occasionally see new Mercedes' apparently abandoned on the side of the road because they had a flat tire.

To me, one of the most impressive things I've seen may have been a single deer crossing the I-20. It jumped the fence on the side, crossed two lanes of pretty heavy 80mph traffic, ran through the lightly wooded median, crossed two more lanes of pretty heavy 80mph traffic, and jumped the fence on the other side of the highway.

That deer was damn amazing, perfect timing, bobbing and weaving through traffic. I don't know what was on the other side of the highway, but that animal earned it, whatever it was!
Frogger but with a deer, eh? :p

One of my first times out to the desert, the wife (gf at the time) and I took the car from Phoenix to Vegas. On the way home, I ran over a white scorpion that was chilling on the road. I could tell because the dooder stood out stark bone white against the freshly laid-out blacktop. One less poisonous munch around, I suppose...