Still popping on deceleration

FZ6Rican

NOOB needs help

I got the Two Brothers Exhaust, Juice Box Pro, and Graves block off plates and the freaking thing is still popping. I've tried the stock map which was horrible, the Two Bros. full exhaust preloaded map, Marthy's sport sport rev a, and Marthy's touring rev d which was the best. It is better with Marthy's maps but it still pretty significant. If anyone has any tips for me it would be greatly appreciated.

Millhouse

Make sure all the nuts are tight on the header flanges and the gaskets are sealing good. Any exhaust leaks will let fresh air into the exhaust, mix with unburnt fuel, and POP your annoyed. Good luck man.

I have the same modifications, other than I went with the PC5. Mine popped too. I then had my bike dyno tuned and now the popping is completely gone.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

FZ6Rican

I checked and everything seems to be as tight as I can get it so I guess I am just going to have to deal with it for now because the wife says that my bike is cut off from the bank account.

rtho782

Mine is a UK model (XJ6 Diversion F) with an arrow full system, O2 sensor is about the only difference.

Pops on deceleration when cold, fine when engine hits temp (70 degrees C).

Personally I don't care in that I like the noise/flames... Unless I am damaging something?!

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member
Last edited:

Koolerb

I just bought an 09, with a Two Brothers exhaust, and it pops like crazy on decel. On the test ride I didn't give it much thought, just chalked it up to the pipe. Man this thing is obnoxious, pretty sure my neighbors hate me at this point. I'm not so worried about that. Can this be damaging the engine at all?

Matt3000

Sounds like your bike needs a good tuning. Bring it to a shop, get it dyno'd. My bike was very poppy too before the tune. After, everything was so smooth (note: I don't have a two brothers system, but all same shit)