MAP Question (WITH PICS!)

Half-Click Up

Hey guys,

Recently installed an R6 header, Yoshimura can, Blackpath block-off plates, and PCFC.

I'm currently running the "Two Brothers Full Exhaust" MAP from the Power Commander website, because it's certainly better than running lean.

I downloaded Marthy's Viper Sport RevA MAP because it says it's best for the TwoBros Juicebox (which is what the PCFC essentially is).

I was wondering if anyone can explain to me why there are such major differences between the two maps for what seems to be very similar exhaust setups.

Also, which MAP would you think is the better one to run with my mentioned setup?

Here are pics of the MAPs for comparison:

Power Commander "Two Bros Full Exhaust"

20180502_141912.jpg

Marthy's Viper Sport RevA

20180502_142014.jpg

MrFrzZ

Hey! You're that motovlogger dude I subbed to. ;)

sorry I can't be of help here brother.... hopefully marthy will be along shortly to give some guidance.

Half-Click Up

Hey! You're that motovlogger dude I subbed to. ;)

sorry I can't be of help here brother.... hopefully marthy will be along shortly to give some guidance.
LMAO hey! You're the subscriber that likes to give me crap about my factory brake setup! :rof:

Yep that would be awesome if Marthy himself could provide his thoughts. His map has WAY more detailed and complex fuel trims.

MrFrzZ

LMAO hey! You're the subscriber that likes to give me crap about my factory brake setup! :rof:

Yep that would be awesome if Marthy himself could provide his thoughts. His map has WAY more detailed and complex fuel trims.
Hey, if you're wanting to go faster, ya gotta stop better lol I'm looking out for ya! :cool:

#SSlinesmasterrace!!
#slackingonmyuploads

I've got my last ride on my Fizzer to upload, and I think my next will be a vid on my Wife's ninjette 4-hundy lol

Shoot Marthy a PM!!!

TexanFZ6R

Its a youtube party in here :D

Everyone swears by Marthy. Ive also heard some bad things about the TBR map anyways. Ive been running adv gear rev b for probably a year now and am extrememly happy. I want to try his other map... Im blanking... The sport one

Half-Click Up

Its a youtube party in here :D

Everyone swears by Marthy. Ive also heard some bad things about the TBR map anyways. Ive been running adv gear rev b for probably a year now and am extrememly happy. I want to try his other map... Im blanking... The sport one
Yeah unfortunately I can't run the ADV Gear map because it requires the PCV speed sensor attachment, which isn't compatible with my PCFC.

The sport one is what I've downloaded. Think I'll shoot a vlog about it when I install the map... why not? :cool:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sti491

I know you can't use the AdvGear RevB, but I found this interesting after using it for 6 months or so. I normally ride country roads which are a combo of ripping on it pretty hard and 50mph cruising.. I avg 40mpg. Pretty much 39-41 MPG. Maybe on tank at 38 and one at 45. Most of those numbers are with a corrected speedo/odometer, so it's more accurate.

I only have gone on one long 200 mile highway trip which was 90% 70MPH. And I got.... 49MPG!!!!!

My Fizzer keeps up with my son's SV650 (actually it's a tad faster 0-60)... and he is rejetted w/Yoshi exhaust, and any of my friends bad-*ss street bikes on the low end.

I was shocked by that highway mileage number. Martin IS the man!

Last edited:

Half-Click Up

Thanks so much for the replies, fellas!

And especially to Marthy, I really appreciate your feedback.

I think it goes without saying that I'm gonna install the Sport RevA map, and I'll also adjust my idle if it's still at 1050.

Will report back here with the results and a link to the vlog so that it'll help some folks!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Half-Click Up

Cool stuff LOL
I didn't know the website was still on? I shut it down like 2 years ago LOL. Ah well... Sport map is one map for all gears, same for Touring map. Advgear is map per gear. You could upload the Touring map to map4 maybe? You can work those maps like an excel spreadsheet, so if you like the decel you can copy & paste it to Touring map. ONly difference was 5% fuel trim in the cruising range under 20% throttle, like from 4K RPM up to 8K.
Yeah dude, site is live and the map files are all there for download! :cool:

As for the Advgear maps, am I correct in understanding that the Dynojet speed sensor attachment is required on the PCV in order to run them?
I've got the newer (and simpler) PCFC, so I don't have attachment options.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member