Sold the FZ6R

Sage

Well boys and girls, on the Dec 14th I traded my 6R for a decent price in on a very sexy 2013 Triumph Thruxton 900. I'll still stick around and disturb and annoy you all ;) The picture does not give the Brooklands Green any justice.

The 6R

The New Baby

Last edited:

Detrich

Congrats man. :)

CrazyCawi

sweet baby jesus thats a nice bobber/cafe lookin bike.

Dustin600

I really noticed those bikes when I saw a red and white one this summer. By then it was too late, I already had my FZ6R. I will keep them in mind when its time for a new one. How do you like the slightly more forward riding angle? Do they accelerate faster than the FZ6R?

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member

Sage

Thanks everybody! It's too entertaining here to bail out =)

How do you like the slightly more forward riding angle? Do they accelerate faster than the FZ6R?
I actually like the position, it's not a supersport ergonomic, but it's aggressive enough to make the bike quite flickable imo, even though it's heavier it feels quite a bit lighter than the 6R. Seeing as it's still in break-in (only have gotten 70 miles in), I've only given it half throttle and gotten the revs up about halfway, but even there it pulls my large self quite quickly, once I get it through break-in and can put the hammer down I'll let you guys know how it's acceleration is.

Hey, welcome to the Triumph family! Those are cool bikes. When it's time for me to grow up and stop being a hooligan, that will be the bike I'll move to. Tons of fun, but look classy and classic. :thumbup:
I was considering the street or the s3 for a long time but had kept an eye on the thruxtons. They are tons of fun for sure and I love the classic and cafe look. I'm nowhere near grown up and this thing is going to for sure get me in a bit of trouble with the 5-0 haha.