Should I take the Dive into the windscreen biz?

catchy name

I was waiting to see what C.Bs was going to unleash . was rather excited about it to tell you the truth. Then ...well.. its here .. Im sure im not the only one that was expecting more.
never the less. im thinking of building the mold and offering mine up. just dont know what the demand is . I just know the options out there . I really dont see anything I cant compete with . some insight would be great .

Did you ever get a finished product? How much are you talking about charging? I do think yours looks better than the Cee B. does. Could you put up some more detailed pics too?

I don't see the photo of your windshield up. Would you post it please? I installed my Cee Bailey touring screen. Should be able to test drive it tomorrow.

I was waiting to see what C.Bs was going to unleash . was rather excited about it to tell you the truth. Then ...well.. its here .. Im sure im not the only one that was expecting more.
never the less. im thinking of building the mold and offering mine up. just dont know what the demand is . I just know the options out there . I really dont see anything I cant compete with . some insight would be great .

I agree with your sentiments regarding the bailee windscreen. I implore you in making yours. You have a great design. :thumbup:The demand is there I think. Just from this forum alone you can see we all are yearning for something that does not totally disfigure the look of our bikes and yet have good protection from the elements.

Do you have the means to mass produce a quality product for a reasonable price and still make a profit? You're going to have a lot of competition from a lot of well known brands that are already out there. Your product will need to stand out in the crowd. I'm not saying you shouldn't do it. If it's something you really want to do, go for it. Just my 2c.

I do have the means to do it . ive been working with acrylic and polycarbs for over 10 years. My Life Thrives on custom concepts.. Just never entered into the bike world. as for Profit. Im sorry but reasonable prices are not what i see out there. just profit margin products . that being said. I dont see any competition. nor do I really see quality anymore. or innovation for that matter.
just quick buck products . quick buck and quality dont go hand and hand .

I would like to thank you for your reply. your 2cent matters

Did you ever get a finished product? How much are you talking about charging? I do think yours looks better than the Cee B. does. Could you put up some more detailed pics too?

I didnt go any further on my screen . I was intending on buying a C.Bs .. till i saw it and the price they were charging. do i think mine looks better?? yes I do. and thats pretty sad as its still in prototype stage. I think Marthys looks better also. Will I post up detailed pics > NO .. im sorry. the next pics I post will be a finished product. it wouldnt be very smart to give any other competitor a heads up. Id rather make them scramble :)

I will be move onto other models once I get this new concept shield squared away. Guess this is my time to make a Mark.

Thanks Marthy. I will take you up on that. :) you will be the first one to see and critique my new animal :)

I really like that you increased the leading angle . makes it look like it belongs verses a long swoop needed if you take the angle of the factory or race screen. I took that approach also..this way you dont need to go as tall. that does increase the vacuum behind the screen but im sure you worked through that also. . I also love the design of this. did you ever think of adding a clear extension for the grip area verses doing it all in tint? that area would become almost invisable then. ( i need to shut up now.. im giving away all my ideas..lol) great job!!! and im sure you enjoyed making a vision real!

I had that idea about the intergrated blinkers . but then decided i was going to fab up inserts that go right into the fake ram air ducts. they have a nice angle which could be seen from front and side. and once again flow with the lines of the bike . as an inspection tech im trying to stay practical,cool and safe. I personally will not pass any bike with flushies or intergrated turns in the tail light. this will be another product I will be offering up.

The hand protection is awesome. After seeing the CB screen, I was disappointed with it. As a suggestion (from the bleachers LOL) why not add an additional mounting screw next to the mirror mount. This might stabilize the screen more.

Back