She has transformed!

cloud9

Oh and btw guys, bike is back at 100% already. Rode it to work yesterday and today. Cost me $70 for the repairs which was only the headlight lens/bulb. I just payed a dollar for every mile per hour I was going when I got pzed...

Also I never mentioned why the bike wasn't that damaged... Because I made it to the grass before I bailed... and when i bailed i jumped to the left, and pretty much planted my bike so it would stop and I just kinda flew to the side lmfao. left side slider was completely bent back, and so was the shifter. But yeah, those things catchin and draggin in the dirt made it to where my bike was gravy coming to a stop and not flipping and tumbling :)

I wasn't fully geared at the time.. wasn't wearing a jacket but had a helmet shoes and gloves on. Had I been wearing a jacket I wouldn't have had one thing wrong with me. Yeah I got incredibly lucky... But i won't risk it ever again. All gear ALL the time guys forever and always from now on! Oh and the helmet certainly saved my life... not sure if it hit FIRST.. but I hit my head really hard.. I can still hear the thump lol. Man! Couldn't have asked for a better first wreck after 5 years of constant riding! I'm incredibly thankful it happened how it did :)

cloud9

I'm sure this goes without saying, but..... Be sure to replace your helmet.
Oh of course my friend! I have spares lol I'm good to go ;) But it sucks it was my best one!
Good lookin out though, a lot of people don't know that helmets aren't dependable after theyve been tested. Haha kind of a catch 22 wouldnt you think!?

I will post the pics of what it's current condition is tomorrow. Didn't think to take pics after the accident sorry :( Plus i STILL owe you all the mounted guages haha. See yall tomorrow!

ksgoh88

Any chance we could get a picture of your gauge mount? Maybe even pics of the finished bike? I'm probably going to go a route pretty similar to yours.

Sander Koop

Elite Member

wby0001

Any chance we could get a picture of your gauge mount? Maybe even pics of the finished bike? I'm probably going to go a route pretty similar to yours.
bump. any update your bike? those first pictures looked really good!

msjm421

Building my own street fighter

Oh of course my friend! I have spares lol I'm good to go ;) But it sucks it was my best one!
Good lookin out though, a lot of people don't know that helmets aren't dependable after theyve been tested. Haha kind of a catch 22 wouldnt you think!?

I will post the pics of what it's current condition is tomorrow. Didn't think to take pics after the accident sorry :( Plus i STILL owe you all the mounted guages haha. See yall tomorrow!

Dude, I came across this post as I was beginning to do the same thing to my FZ6R. The biggest issue I ran into so far was the gauges. Would you please post the pics of yours so we can get an idea of how you did it? Thanks man. Also thanks for all the other pics, I wasn't sure how mine was going to look when I finished her but now I can really visualize it.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

vkamnev

FZ6R_Mike

I bought electrical clamps from home depot and mounted the gauge cluster right to my handlebars

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

vkamnev