She has transformed!

cloud9

This is my first time posting here! I haven't ever had anything to say before now and I apologize. I just always tend to lurk the mods, and the how-to guides. But yeah, my name's Ryan, I imagine I'll start comin around more often for the heck of it :D

Anyway I went balls to the wall this week and completely transformed my 09 fz6r... you can't hardly recognize it as the same bike! I've always wanted a street fighter super bike, but I couldn't pass up the deal I got on this bike and just planned to mod it.

And now for my baby :D:D:D:D

These pics aren't the final stages... it was just the pics I took once the bike hit a ride able stage and I couldn't wait to test it out anymore haha

The only things missing in the pic is my F-E Kit, and my mounted gauges, which both are done now just haven't taken any pics. Yes that is a dual light setup, and yes those are clip-ons :) It also has the integrated tail light. Satisfied is an understatement!!!! It was definitely a journey but I got it all done pretty quickly. TOOOOOOO much fun though... and it turned out MUCH better than I had even imagined it... but now I have the itch, and there's not a whole lot left to do o.0

Last edited:

6R Blackout

SWEEET!!! More pics please, that looks really awsome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Casey (aka) Hunter77!

fz6r marc

that looks great!!!!

Please tell us: 1) what you did 2) what parts you used 3) and please post more pics. This looks like a great project for those who have the itch to change bikes. thanks again for the post:thumbup::thumbup:

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

LS6TT

There's a nice XJ6 engine guard available. Did you remove the bottom fairing bracket yet? They're still on the picture... Did you check on the FZ6 forum. There's a gauge bracket group, I remember being a nice set up. Really like the dual headlight too.

If I was going to damage the body work I would go that route also. Great job, looking good... You're at an exhaust close of a bad a$$ ride my friend!
Agreed, this is the first 6R streetfighter I have absolutely liked and almost makes me want to venture down the same path. Very good job.

wtnotch

Looks great!

Which headlight/brackets and did you use and what did you use to mount the headlights?

One thing I hadn't considered when I went naked was the weight lost - I cut ~40 pounds from my bike, and my butt dyno says the difference is noticably more than installing the TBR.:)

Russ

cloud9

haha yes, I'm am so excited about this bike, I'm really glad to get the feedback that I am.

Okay so the dual headlight setup I ordered from aztec8.com, they have some pretty sick stuff for the custom route. I got the 5 3/4" dual setup, and they came with mounts for the forks, basically clipons. I did have to splice the new wires, but it really was simple. Just had to remove the harness at the old headlight and connect the ground / highbeam / lowbeam wires to the new harness, which came with those easy pinchers so it was really cake. NOW, if anyone is doing a headlight mod, I looked everywhere to find out which of the two wires was which. One is a green stripe the other is a yellow stripe, while the ground is obviously black. I got mine backwards when i took a stab, and I will post in my next post that info as I do no remember off the top of my head.

The gauge mount was actually incredibly easy too. In the front of your triple, there's a little guard to hold your wiring and whatnot in place, I just removed that guard, and used the bolts holding it in place and attached 2 2" small flat plates... pics later, I don't have my phone atm. I bought these little bad boys at lowes today for 2 dollars on the off chance they would work... and it did. Once I got it all mounted, I was able to pull on my gauges to bend the plates and position the gauges to how i wanted. Looks great, and is sturdy.

See that little bar in front of the triple? I removed that and it was damn near perfect for it already, just had to fit in the extensions to mount the gauges to it. I will have to go out there and take some pics of it already put together, I was excited last night and did it quickly when I got home around 2-3am and forgot to take pics lol. And theres a look at the headlights... which aren't in that same position... was just so I could fit my hands between lol

The FE Kit and clip-ons are pretty self explanatory, however the clip-ons are a bit lower than I originally planned, because I couldn't put them directly under the triple because the guard for the wires I was just talking about. I had put the bars on first obviously, and after they were set I discovered I could remove that guard. So I may move them up directly under the triple but who knows... I like it how it is.

And yes, all the little fairing mounting is removed, as well as anything separate plates and little holders that I could remove. I Have yet to figure out mirrors or front turn signals... but I have some ideas. I dont want bar end mirrors... in fact I'd like just regular streetbike mirrors, but alas, without fairing its a challenge! But I plan to knock out my mirrors AND turn signals in one swoop by getting integrated when I figure out a way to mount em :D

Really happy on the feedback guys! Thanks and keep it comin!

Last edited:

JSP

Super Moderator
Looks great!

Rabbitman109

Lumen Junkie
Elite Member

cloud9

#11 you are my new best friend. This was my idea and I wasn't able to find anything along these lines... you my friend are a beast and I thank you.

Now I will have my front turn signals and some good looking mirrors. I am SO EXCITE!!!

FZ6R_Mike

I love the look man! This makes me wanna go naked even more now. Lol. Really digging the clipons on r naked bike.

YamahaNavy

just put apex clip ons on my bike. they fit perfectly since they are 100% adjustable to pretty much any position you'd want. :zombie:

cloud9

SO, Had my first accident yesterday! Was out in the country doin twistys and a dualie came around a bend in my lane... causing me to have to veer off the road. When I actually went off the pavement... I slipped on some loose gravel and started staggerin, and there was barb wire fence I was dealing with so just decided to literally jump off and bail.
I was probably goin 70mph... and since I handled it how i did.. I ONLY scraped my elbow and hit my helmet pretty hard, but no damage at all. Neck is a bit sore today from the whiplash but I'm so happy I don't feel worse... i got really really lucky.
Now I'm sure you're expecting bad news for the bike at 70mph... lol I broke the left headlight, torqued the left handlebar back a little bit to where it just needed to be readjusted... and bent my shifter... that's it. Oh and the frame slider did it's job... not one scratch in any paint which is the only thing I really checked for once I knew the mechanics were gravy. The bike like this is a tank and can obviously take a HELL of a beating. Epic first crash and overall unscathed. Bike SHOULD be totaled, and I SHOULD be in the hospital!
Could not have asked for a better experience, and now I have just that... experience. Stay SAFE fizzers!

bleedinblue

Elite Member

buzzbomb

Elite Member

cloud9

@Bleed, I'll have to get you the info on the sliders, they were already on the bike when I purchased it. They are just the regular one's you would have to cut the fairing or the actual sliders for if that helps.

@Buzz, yeah man, I'm actually very experience with motorcycles seeing how I grew up racing motocross and being raised in a family of motorcyclists. I am completely aware of all the dangers and am the first to point out that in this game we are playing, we are not in control of the dice ourselves... we can only place our bets, and rock the table when the dice are rolled ;) But yeah man, when I was younger i had a friend wreck on my dirtbike into a truck and almost lost his hand. I always told him he shoulda just bailed... to hell with the bike. Had he just jumped off and not worried about my bike... heda maybe gotten a scratch... I'll never ever forget that lesson, and was the first thing I thought of when I saw the barb wire. I bailed and thankfully I did, because It saved both me AND my bike. Who knows what would have happened had I just tried to recover... could have actually wrecked and tumbled the bike... or even worse... meat grind myself in the fence.

If you take anything away from this thread... know that no matter what... if you are not sure you are going to wreck or not... if you are in a position to make a decision to bail and avoid a disaster... don't hesitate. It can make all the difference and save your life. You can always buy a new bike.