saddlebags or tailbags?

tobymax

What kind of saddlebags or tailbags are people using out there on their FZ6R. I want to buy a hard case, either as saddlebags or tailbag to be able to store the helmet and maybe something else.
What experience have you guys had with these, do they damage the form or look of the bike? are they something worth buying and keeping or not?
Thanks

oh something i forgot to add, i want to have something that would not affect the passengers riding experience or mi own.

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

sammy56

You can find all kinds of pics on this forum if you search. For what it's worth, I have a topcase and Cortech sport saddlebags and I love them. I carry all kinds of crap with me though so it simply depends on what you like. If you want a clean sport bike look, I assume the fewer bags the better. Looks just don't matter that much to me....I just ride!

LB

k6gad

I got the Yamaha rack for the FZ6R from a dealer in Vancouver, BC, Canada. It was pricey but worth it. I had a top box for my T-Max (Givi makes it for Yamaha). It works great. If I need extra storage for a long trip I have a waterproof Ortleib bag I can strap to the back seat. I do lane-share here in CA so I didn't want to widen the bike with a big set of saddle bags. Just my $.02. I posted some pics in the MODS section if you want to see what I use. Good luck!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Fogride

I got the Cortech magnetic tank bag and it really works great. It also makes a great tail bag. Just fold up the magnets and with 3 small bungie cords it fits on the passenger seat like it was made for it. I moved it there to allow my auto gate pass to clear me. I bolted the pass through the head phone opening.

frelay

Here's my GIVI setup. I am very satisfied with it!

High price but high quality also. Does not affect how the bike handles. Strangely enough, I feel it makes the bike more stable at highway speeds.

Like the other fellows mentioned, there are a lot of options out there.

Good luck!

Attachments

Last edited:

tobymax

question for marthy and frelay, have you gotten any complains from the passenger because of the saddlebags?

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

frelay

No complaints! It's just a bit harder for shorter women :D to climb up there.

:canada: x 2! :cool:

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

frelay

Not at all. You just need to make sure they are position at the right place. We are going for a road trip for the holidays. We're going to put the 6R touring set up to the test. WPB to Myrtle Beach in one day and back by Sunday. A little over 600 miles one way. I'm looking forward to it... and thrust me, if there's anything not right, I will hear it... lol:canada:
Bonjour Marthy! That is a lot of mileage for one day on busy highways. You got a keep an eye on those big trucks, SUVs and vans:)D)!

We spend our summer vacations in Indian Rocks Beach, FL. We travel by car (actually a van! 2 kiddos, the bouvier bernois, the wife & me). We stop (about a thousand times!) for the night somewhere around Fredericksburg, VA. It's about 660 miles from Montreal, QC. A totally long trip of about 1540 miles... I could not imagine doing that by bike in only two days:surrender:

Be careful and good luck with your marathon!:bow:

:canada: This flag also indicates that the bike season is over up here :drool: :beer:

Last edited:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
T

TEACH1212

Givi the best !!!!!!!

Fit perfect, hold plenty, look great...........good luck, your choice.....

Stephenfz6r

High price but high quality also. Does not affect how the bike handles. Strangely enough, I feel it makes the bike more stable at highway speeds.

Good luck!
Very nice! Your the first Quebecer I've seen a post from.:iconbeer:

frelay

We might end up doing the Tour de Floride. Where are you from exactly? I'm from the South Shore (Candiac, Laprairie area) I miss Montreal and my good old friends a lot. Home is where ever you settle in life, but you never can replace your hometown. Let me know next time you come south with the family...
Florida is super nice. Add the Gulf coast to your Tour. Oh man, I would love to ride in sunny Florida! I live directly in Montreal (Cartierville-Ahuntsic). You never know! I passed by your "town" a few years ago while travelling from Orlando to Miami! Can you tell I love Florida? :D You are absolutely right about Home.

À la prochaine!

Last edited:

k6gad

I still think these Givi's look great!

Good luck!