saddlebags or tailbags?

Pis moe aussi! Chu Quebecois moe avec tbrnk!!! :iconbeer: Happy to see that the French-Canadian community is growing up here... I was starting to feel lonely. You guys need to ship your cycle here for the winter and fly to ride. I will be pounding miles and miles for you this winter...

If it wasn't for the family I would live in California or Florida. C'est la vie.:iconbeer:

I would ship myself along with the bike. :D

It's now in storage in a friend's garage and I miss the rides already.

Now about the subject of this thread, thank you all for your appreciation of my setup. I definetely don't have Marthy's skills to perfectly custom fit saddlebags on my ride.

Man, everything about bikes is sooo expensive. I don't even want to count how much I spent on it since I bought it. I am affraid I would come to the conclusion that I was better off buying a bigger sport touring bike. But then again, this is my first bike and I am happy I survived my first riding season. I feel confident on it and the fear-stress or whatever a beginner feels while riding is gone! Now that I am in full control (as good as it gets) of the bike, can't ride it no more :(

I hope to find some sort of a Biker's club in order do some serious touring à la What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas :america::thumbup:

Here's my GIVI setup. I am very satisfied with it!

High price but high quality also. Does not affect how the bike handles. Strangely enough, I feel it makes the bike more stable at highway speeds.

Like the other fellows mentioned, there are a lot of options out there.

Good luck!

That is a sweet setup, when I get my bike in 2 weeks I'll def have to look into those...they look like they're part of the bike...

Givi bags

what kind of saddlebags or tailbags are people using out there on their fz6r. I want to buy a hard case, either as saddlebags or tailbag to be able to store the helmet and maybe something else.
What experience have you guys had with these, do they damage the form or look of the bike? Are they something worth buying and keeping or not?
Thanks

oh something i forgot to add, i want to have something that would not affect the passengers riding experience or mi own.

givi bags are great, and look good on bike, plenty of storage.

Givi E21's and E52

Hi Tobymax,

I didn't post my set-up yet because I thought someone else would beat me to it, but I have Givi E21 side cases and a Givi E52 top case. I always thought Givi seemed ridiculously expensive, but now having owned a set, I realize they are worth their premium cost. Light, strong, well-designed, waterproof, lockable, and easy on/off. No real weak points, except for the cost. But you do get what you pay for. I think my whole set-up, racks, adapters, and cases (with glossy paint) was just over $1000.

So with my cases, I've got almost 100 L of lockable, waterproof storage, enough for week-long trips two-up, or multi-week trips solo with a bag of camping gear strapped to the back seat. The girlfriend fits fine on the passenger seat, and she really likes having the top case as a back rest.

Next year I plan on riding Route 66 out to L.A., meeting the girlfriend, and riding up the coast to Vancouver. She gets the top case, I get one side case, and the other side case is for tools and miscellaneous.

Back