Roaring Toyz Lowering Link Install

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator
I think it puts the wrong pressure in places, and it also lowers less.
Sorry I never chimed in on this.... nismos14 is right but also, installing this incorrectly allows it to move which is not good at all when carving corners. You do not want your shock to have movement "outside" of the intended purpose. ;)

Get it corrected immediately if you haven't. For those getting this link, so they still include my document I created for the install? ;)

xorbe

The holes won't line up unless I have it in the incorrect position. Even the persuasion tool (hammer) isn't helping. I guess I'll have to send back the soupys (if I can) and get the roaring.

Update: I dremeled the **** out of it and made it fit correctly. It was off by about 1.5 mm! It was hitting the top roundy part of the bike, so dremeling was on the bottom of the link.

Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

xorbe

I think I had to move the rear wheel up and down to get the shock to line up. Can't remember now, many moons ago.
Yeah we had to do that, but I'm talking about the other mounting hole. Here's a pic of the modification. This allowed the part to line up with the original shock mount location, while installed properly. I made that indentation there to settle over the curved part of the bike.

Oh, someone else had the same issue:

wasn't fitting on my bike. The alum. part was bottoming out and the hole wasn't lining up. So I had to wack about 1/8" for the link to go in deeper.

Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member