Roaring Toyz Lowering Link Install

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

SAFE-T

Yes. I think they offered the two together for a lower price. The Soupys link can only be installed one way, so there is no way you can accidentally install it incorrectly like you can with the RT link. Other than that they are identical.

I also liked the adjustability of the Soupys kickstand. I painted ours black.

Last edited:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

FZ1inNH

Super Moderator

JSP

Super Moderator
I wrapped the tow rope around the rear set in front of the pillion pegs after looping it through the handlebars. I love that electric lift in the garage! :D
Yeah that thing is great. Awesome set-up. :thumbup:

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

richierich781

I read the whole thread and there is no mention on how to install this without a hoist, Is it even possible to do it by using a rear stand or any other method?

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member
Last edited:

goalkeap

Did this mod over the weekend, but only needed one day to do it. I think I spent more time preparing a hoist in my shed than it took to do the complete install including lowering on the front forks. Thanks for the how to page!

Next up...Handlebar Risers

Snot Rod

O K, I've read this whole thread and I'm ready to lower my bike. But had a few questions first and I hope you guys can help.

1. Any problems with either RT or Soupys (shipping, customer support, etc.)? I had to wait ~ 6 weeks once for a rear fender for one of my other bikes...
2. Does anyone make a shorter shock absorber for our bikes, like Progressive perhaps?
3. Does anyone make extended swing arms or bolt-on swing arm extensions for our bikes?
4. Has anyone cut down their kick stand to shorten it and save the $$?

Paul

SAFE-T

1. We got our lowering link from Soupys no problem.

2. We got a shorter HyperPro spring from EPM Performance Imports ~ they were very helpful in spite of my numerous questions. They offer the spring in one size shorter only (30mm/1.25") unless you buy an entire HyperPro shock. Springs are available in black or purple. We had a local shop swap it out for us, and then I put the shock/linkage/kickstand on and lowered the front end to match as closely as possible.

Klaus Huenecke
EPM Performance Imports
Email: [email protected]
Phone/ Fax: 732-786-9777
High performance motorcycle suspension sales and service from EPM Performance Imports

3. Not my department. Probably not. Check with Roaring Toyz ?

4. We got an adjustable kickstand from Soupys with the lowering linkage. If we want to put it back to stock we still have the OEM kickstand and can sell the linkage and adjustable kickstand for 50% what we paid for them ~ I'd say that's a good deal. Otherwise just cut/weld your stock kickstand and look for a cheap spare off the forum.

Rob

'Q'
Elite Member

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

SAFE-T

If you intend to ride your lowered FZ6R at 9/10ths on the road or the track, lowering it will have a negative effect. You can make compensations for some of them, but it will cost you additional time and money. The bike will still not be as good as it was stock if you really really want to go fast fast fast.

For all other riding, lowering the bike within reasonable amounts will be fine. Actually, it will be better than fine now that the person riding it can put their feet firmly on the ground when they stop.

I have been riding for 27 yrs and taught motorcycle courses from 1989-2004. I have ridden my wife's lowered 2009 FZ6R (Soupys lowering link + shorter rear shock spring, pulled front forks up in triple clamps) several times and it's just fine. Same with the 2007 GS500F I lowered. I never tried to find the limits on either of them, but I went as fast as I was comfortable and neither one of them ever did anything different than a stock bike other than touch down the chin fairing going over the curb between our driveway and the road.

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member