Road test passed!!

in CA there Is no "road test" for motorcycles. They have a circle and some cones set up in the parking lot, you weave through the cones, go around the circle twice without touching the ground and your good to go.

In Alberta we do a road course which is around 40-50mins. The test centre I went to waiver the skills portion as they dont have anywhere to hold it.
It sure is interesting to see how different places do the licensing

wow

Wow, my written test took about 10 minutes, which gets you a permit to ride alone but not on freeway or at night. You can use that permit for up to 1 year before taking your actual driving test. My driving test took about 10 minutes as well. That's because my fricken cruiser stalled (no I didn't stall it, carb problem) in the middle of the circle and I had to put my foot down. Luckily the guy could tell I could ride so let me do it again. Otherwise it probably would have been less. Second time I revved the bike so much the whole way around there was no way it was going to stall. I wish we had to do a 40-50 minute driving test here for bikes and cars, maybe get a lot of idiots off the road! I spent more time in line than that lol

Wow, my written test took about 10 minutes, which gets you a permit to ride alone but not on freeway or at night. You can use that permit for up to 1 year before taking your actual driving test. My driving test took about 10 minutes as well. That's because my fricken cruiser stalled (no I didn't stall it, carb problem) in the middle of the circle and I had to put my foot down. Luckily the guy could tell I could ride so let me do it again. Otherwise it probably would have been less. Second time I revved the bike so much the whole way around there was no way it was going to stall. I wish we had to do a 40-50 minute driving test here for bikes and cars, maybe get a lot of idiots off the road! I spent more time in line than that lol

Here we do a written test. You need to get 25 out of 30 multi choice questions correct. When you pass that you need to do your road test within 12 months. Until you pass road test you must have someone with a class 6 (bike) license with you. That person can be on a bike or in a car following you. You are not allowed to ride on your own without a full license.
Then the road test which is all around near a test centre. You get marks and if you get 75 or more its a fail. The examiner can only mark you to a maximum of 3 per item. This stops you from failing if say you suck at right turns or something else.
Very interesting to hear about other places tho! Cars are the same thing as bikes...written test then road test. There different rules for young drivers tho.

I am taking the MSF BRC, it's just at the end of August. I would have taken one sooner, but that was the closest and soonest one, so I had to settle for then. So, I'm picking my buddy's brains until then, no need to wait until afterwards I don't think.

Back