Rear tire hugger?

ry-mac75

ordered... most excited

the pic sold me completely. carbon fiber hugger will look pretty hot w/ the integrated light.

richierich781

I may be mistaken but I think the chain guard is integrated with the hugger, anyone know for sure?
I emailed puig about this, they told me it is all one piece, hugger and chain guard.

as i said in a previous post i ordered these but got an email today from KD.com telling me it is backordered until june. :( im bummed out....grrrrrr! sorry guys, i guess we have to wait. At the mean time, i'll take that money and buy me an r6 header or a gorilla alarm.

Last edited:

ry-mac75

Ordered, but.....

I got a response from KD that goes as follows...

Hey Ryan, unfortunately we are just taking preorders for this hugger
>> currently. Let me know if you want to preorder.
>>
>> Because of this backorder issue, we are unable to process your order
>> without consulting with you first.
>>
>> If waiting an additional amount of time for your items is going to be a
>> problem, please contact us at your earliest convenience so that we can
>> update or modify your order. Our sales staff will be more than happy to
>> help you find a suitable alternative item.
>>
>> If you do wish to wait for the item you want, we will require a
>> half-down backorder deposit. This deposit will be retained as in store
>> credit in the event of a backorder cancellation.
>>
>> You can reply to this email, or contact us using the information below.
>>
>> We appreciate your business, and thank you again for shopping at
>> KneeDraggers.com!
>>
>> Stan B.
>> Customer Service Rep
>> The KneeDraggers Customer Service Team

He went on to tell me that the ETA on the hugger is late may - late june... huge bummer.

arkkornkid

Thanx 4 the info.

Gives me time to put some $$ back to get this when they are released. That being an all one-piece item: looks awesome and worth the price, IMHO.

Brugge

I got a response from KD that goes as follows...
He went on to tell me that the ETA on the hugger is late may - late june... huge bummer.

Yep, the reasoning I got: products out of Europe are delayed due to the volcano ash and flight backlogs. Things are a little backed up and maybe motorcycle parts are not on the top of the list, (although business is business)

Anyway I went ahead and ordered one, plus a Dainese Shotgun jacket that is also back ordered from KD, we'll see which one make it first.;) Looking forward to the jacket since the Drake Air pants should be here in a few days.

Cheers,
Kevin

Last edited:

Insure Gal

I'ld love one of these for when I put the F.E. on mine eventually.
Anyone know if they come in white?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

ajcatx

White

You can probably get the black one painted white

owldaddy

That Hugger looks awesome. I do wonder how effective it will be, as it doesn't cover much of the tire. It really looks cool though, anyone have experience with huggers? It is going on my wish list just because it looks so cool.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
You can probably get the black one painted white
That's what I was thinking! A $3 rattle-can of Krylon Fusion white paint and you are good to go. :thumbup: You could probably even find something with a pearlescent finish to match the bike.

owldaddy

Looks like we are going to have to wait a few more weeks, maybe a month or two.

arkkornkid

That looks really nice!! I just wish it would extend further forward to cover more of the chain. I am tired of getting the cuffs of my pants greasy from the chain. :(
I hear ya.... been thinking of getting a piece of scrap aluminum and fashioning up something on my own. If so, I'll post a pic of what I come up with.

ry-mac75

They're heeeeeeeeeere!!!

Just got a call from Stan at Knee Draggers... THE REAR TIRE HUGGERS ARE IN STOCK!

Mine will be shipped tomorrow :)

Spunky99

Just got a call from Stan at Knee Draggers... THE REAR TIRE HUGGERS ARE IN STOCK!

Cost if ya don't mind....and is there a link?
I looked and only can find the paddle hugger that looks like the old fender...YUKS...

arkkornkid

alright!..... it's not on their site though, so I guess we need to call to order.

Do you happen to have the part number?

ry-mac75

Part number

....wasn't able to locate a part number on any of the emails from the guys... I'd suggest just ringing them up and placing the order 877-294-2920