Rear tire hugger?

CDN6R

....wasn't able to locate a part number on any of the emails from the guys... I'd suggest just ringing them up and placing the order 877-294-2920
I E mailed Alex C at K.D. today.. It seems that the Puig Rear hugger that looks like this,,is not avaliable,,to bad it is nice too. Laurie.

ry-mac75

Shipping

To Toronto shipping was a nasty $34

arkkornkid

hmmm, now I'm confused/pissed. if that stubby thing in post #43 is the one they offer, then the stock one will work just fine.

CDN6R

hmmm, now I'm confused/pissed. if that stubby thing in post #43 is the one they offer, then the stock one will work just fine.
Yes I quite agree with you,however I did ask Alex if the nicer ones were avaliable in N.A.(North America) and he would not comit to a answer.But they are avaliable in the UK off E bay for 105 English Pounds. Shipping to me here in Canada was about 70 English Pounds.

obie

Someone said the carbon fiber rear tire hugger plus chain guard was the one available... is that the one you ordered?

kevcoop

The total cost puts this hugger at almost $300.00 :eek:

Nice hugger, but to rich for my blood.

Guess I will have to wait for the US version.

JSP

Super Moderator
Waaay too expensive. Wish I could find a scrap yard that had bikes. Could take some measurements and maybe find something that could work with little modification.

Brugge

Just got a call from Stan at Knee Draggers... THE REAR TIRE HUGGERS ARE IN STOCK!

Mine will be shipped tomorrow :)
I got the call on Thursday telling me they were in. Great customer service to be calling you and letting you know it is on the way. :thumbup: for KneeDraggers!

ry-mac75

Brugge

Someone said the carbon fiber rear tire hugger plus chain guard was the one available... is that the one you ordered?
I guess now I am confused too. The only rear hugger shown available for FZ6R on the Puigusa website is one with the integrated chain guard.

Rear Mudguards - Mudguards (Plastic Tuning) For the bike model Yamaha FZ6R 2009 | Puig

That is what I based my decision for the purchase. The one shown in post #43 looks to be for ZX10R but it maybe possible that it is an example of the style.

It takes about a week from the shipped time for me to get stuff here so I won't know until next week. Hopefully one of you in the states will get yours soon and we can get a first hand report.

Hey, do you think that the rear hugger would still work with our bike if we got a 170 tire on it!?

kevcoop

I talked to all 3 distributers for Puig, 2 of them couldnt help me. 1 of them told me there isnt a big call for this item in the states so they are not readly available.
But if I want one, he would include one on his next order from Spain for me.
The only problem is a 6 week delivery time.
Here are the prices for these items: $179.99 for carbon fiber\$159.99 for black.

Depending on what Brugge and ry-mac75 get will depend on ordering from KD or OFD Racing.

CDN6R

KEVCOOP: Do you suppose that if a number of us on this forum( I for one!)would like to have this hugger,then perhaps we could do a group buy from the distributor that you know? (Just a thought!) Laurie.:canada: Like I said in a earlier post..Alex at K.D. told me via E mail that the hugger that is listed on the Puig site(chain guard + fender together) for the FZ6R is not avaliable.

Last edited:

Spunky99

For the carbon fiber hugger and chain guard I saw in that pic, I'd pay the 179.99...Lets do a group buy.

kevcoop

I emailed him and told him that 2 other people would like to purchese item, possably more.

Will let you know response when I get it.

Last edited:

Spunky99

Well I got a little down time @ work. Its a pain in the neck posting this pic from my droid. Here's the pic puig sent me. Enjoy!
[/IMG]
This is what I want........

Is this what we are talking about kevcoop?