R6 front end on FZ6R

Lilday

3 weeks of study left and then this is getting finished!

Just thought I'd update you guys with a new photoshop...

That is how she will look in 1 month I hope.

I think I'm having a new stem made, rather than messing about with the current one.

Synistah

Does anyone know how this will handle? Will oils or anything else need to be changed?

I am thinking about doing this to my FZ6R since i am Street Fighting it.. But have been told that it might not handle so well with just the R6 forks.

Any recommendations? Will i also need a new rear shock, if so.. Which fit the FZ6R?

Lilday

What Year did the triple clamps come from, and also the stem?

Withe the forks is the installed height lower or the same as stock?
All R6 parts are 2009.

I will adjust the height when they're fitted (as the top/bottom yokes can simply be moved up/down on the fork legs as long as they have ground clearance) so in theory the ride height should be the same.

I'm going to have the suspension setup professionally for the bike & my weight.

I'm also going to look into which rear shock may fit. I think maybe an R1 shock but I don't think it has been done before - so I'll be doing some research.

leprecaun jon

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT
Elite Member

FastFreddy

It's a good learning exercise in any case.
You'll know lots about how the forks and whole front end goes together and how to get custom machine shop work done and get contacts for custom work.

If he was to do this again, it'd be quick and easy and not expensive.
How much can someone charge to mill a few accurate large holes and powder coat something ? You've got to use your head to do these things.

FastFreddy

Does anyone know how this will handle? Will oils or anything else need to be changed?

I am thinking about doing this to my FZ6R since i am Street Fighting it.. But have been told that it might not handle so well with just the R6 forks.

Any recommendations? Will i also need a new rear shock, if so.. Which fit the FZ6R?
I've seen an Ohlins rear shock available at the Ohlins UK distributor website.

Öhlins Rear Shock Absorber suitable for a Yamaha XJ6 Diversion (2010)