R6 Exhaust Marthy Edition

CraigEgg

Marthy, if and when you have the time to answer some tune tips:

1) How many miles would I have to run for the stock ECU to "learn" a change in discs?

2) How long would I have to run for the discs to "color tune?"

3) When using the color tune method, do you check all the discs, the first (closests to Supertrapp) or the farthest out?

Thanks,
Craig
:thumbup:

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

CraigEgg

Good info, thanks!

I am just trying to find the optimal disc tune for out here in the super Sun of Arizona. I doubt a few discs up or down will change the HP much, if any.

It does change the sound for sure though....I can hear it "resonate" at different RPMs.

Main thing, I dont want to run too lean. I know, most say with a fuel injection not much to worry about, but still, I like to be paranoid on the cautious side.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member
Last edited:

Rookasaki

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, I'm going to be nice here!

I like to help, answering all question related to exhaust, maps, windscreen too. But if you are going to shoot me a dozen of email about buying an exhaust and turn around and tell me "My friend or mechanic can build that" I guess I will go that route... by the way, can you tell him how to do it?

Common guys! There's a reason why the website, this 25 pages thread is there... to inform. The few $ that I make building exhaust barely cover my expenses. I do it more for the pride of it then making $. I will just appreciate that you understand that I really like to help people, but hate wasting my time.

I'm sure you do understand the message here. If you have question, fine! I'll be glad to help.

Sorry, I just had to vent a little here...

One more thing.... I"ve been trying to be as professional as possible in my way of doing things... I just expect a bit of common sense...

Done venting now!

Ohhhhhhhhh Happppppppy Dayyy!... LOL

Still going strong today! Maybe I should post all the 12 emails. You guys might have a kick out of it! Doesn't want to send his exhaust in trade in, but want to get the whole thing for cheaper... What ever...
I appreciate the maps you have provided and your time and dedication to this forum community. I recognize your hard work, thank you!

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jkbatca

I was wondering if you mod the original 6R headers

1) Where would you cut off the pipe from the rear box?
2) What kind of collector would you use to merge the pipes? Would this one work? (mandrel-bends.com) Collector #CL2-17520-SS

Just toying with the idea of doing it...

Thanks in advance!
John

CrazyCawi

I was wondering if you mod the original 6R headers

1) Where would you cut off the pipe from the rear box?
2) What kind of collector would you use to merge the pipes? Would this one work? (mandrel-bends.com) Collector #CL2-17520-SS

Just toying with the idea of doing it...

Thanks in advance!
John
I bet if you buy one youll see how he did it :p

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jkbatca

Nothing wrong about being a DIY... read post #11. All your answer are there. Once you get the parts in hand it's kind of strait forward where it goes. With a little bit of hammering and cutting it goes in well. But I can't tell all my secret! :wav: LOL
Thanks for the info! Have to get my hands on an exhaust header first, I'm off to a salvage yard or two which specializes in motorcycles tomorrow...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ksgoh88

Woo hoo. I believe that one is mine. Will post pics and hopefully a vid.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

ksgoh88

Very interested in the difference. After about 5 minutes on the bike, I keep thinking I need to clean my left ear out as it's not hearing anything in comparison to my right ear...

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

daddyrack

Premium Member

daddyrack

Premium Member