Purchasing a new car...

op if you live in a place where it even snows a bit, please take gearhead's prius video seriously!

I have a Civic Hybrid, which is pretty similar. It had snowe the day before and I was about to go up the ramp of a parking garage at college (this ramp is open to the sky so there was some snow on it, but most of it was moved by the snow plows). I was behind two cars a 90s beater civic and a Chevy Aveo (yea that really small one). Both of them went up the ramp with ease, so I assumed it'd be the same for me. It was not; I went up halfway and slid right back down, luckily there was no one behind me. I even tried building up speed (10mph maybe), but that made the front end skid and I came too close to hitting the concrete wall! I ended up going elsewhere to find parking.

Anyways, just sharing this story because if you live in a place where it snows, its just the design of the car and the poor weight balancing (because of the batteries) that makes it a bad choice for winter. Good luck with your car hunt!

It's the issue of the electric motor, providing SO MUCH torque at 0 RPM. It's necessary to have just barely enough power/torque to get the vehicle moving in a situation like that--electric motors wont' do that.

Interesting news these days... above Prius clip, the Prius can't go... recalls this week on Prius brakes--they can't stop either!

It's the issue of the electric motor, providing SO MUCH torque at 0 RPM. It's necessary to have just barely enough power/torque to get the vehicle moving in a situation like that--electric motors wont' do that.

Interesting news these days... above Prius clip, the Prius can't go... recalls this week on Prius brakes--they can't stop either!

I was so close to going with a Prius, good thing I didn't!

ditto what rubicon said... the cx-7 is a cuv, whereas the prius is a commuter mobile... completely different cars...

if u live an active, outdoor lifestyle, carry passengers frequently, and want a stylish, fun-handling cross over sports utility vehicle- go with the cx-7. u'll have no problems hauling around mountain bikes, skis/ snowboards, surfboards, friends etc. in style and comfortably... mileage is decent for a turbo'd 4 banger, and it's sized just right- unless you have 4 kids and a dog, in which case- get the cx-9...

if your main objective is to save on gas $, u don't care about enthusiastic driving, and just want a strictly "point-a-to-point-b car," then get the prius. you'll save tons of money on gas, since it gets 50 miles/ gallon. and, you get some tax $ back i think...

personally, i'd go with the cx-7... :)

ditto what rubicon said... the cx-7 is a cuv, whereas the prius is a commuter mobile... completely different cars...

if u live an active, outdoor lifestyle, carry passengers frequently, and want a stylish, fun-handling cross over sports utility vehicle- go with the cx-7. u'll have no problems hauling around mountain bikes, skis/ snowboards, surfboards, friends etc. in style and comfortably... mileage is decent for a turbo'd 4 banger, and it's sized just right- unless you have 4 kids and a dog, in which case- get the cx-9...

if your main objective is to save on gas $, u don't care about enthusiastic driving, and just want a strictly "point-a-to-point-b car," then get the prius. you'll save tons of money on gas, since it gets 50 miles/ gallon. and, you get some tax $ back i think...

personally, i'd go with the cx-7... :)

I ended up an 09 Mercury Mariner. It was used and about 2 grand cheaper than the CX-7. Plus it has leather seats, moon roof, and is just nicer than the base model CX-7 I would've gotten.

ah ok... :)

the mariner is equivalent to the ford escape, which also comes in a hybrid too if u so choose. it's a slightly more manageable size than the ford explorer and should still give u all the amenities u need in a suv.

congrats :)

ah ok... :)

the mariner is equivalent to the ford escape, which also comes in a hybrid too if u so choose. it's a slightly more manageable size than the ford explorer and should still give u all the amenities u need in a suv.

congrats :)

Thanks, I'm really enjoying it so far.

I have an 07 Prius and mine has always done the brake thing they are talking about recalling in the 10. It is a function of the ABS, traction control and stability control. I have never had it cause a problem or anything. I think everyone is starting to become over critical of Toyota. But that is just my opinion.

Back