Puig Racing Windscreen - Your Thoughts?

new2yam

Can't say I'm a big fan of the stock windscreen. Personal preferance but I think it looks goofy.

Does anyone have experience with the Puig Racing Windscreen? Any thoughts (aside from it being pricey)?

Puig Racing Windscreen - Smoke | MotoSport Canada

Thanks!

bm3schmi

I have the tinted puig racing screen on my raven fz6r. No complaints about it but if your looking for a screen to cut down on fatigue for long rides I would look elsewhere. As for the increases protection of this screen, I found it just deflected the wind into more appropriate positions rather than eliminate it.

latony007

yamaha

I have the Yamaha double bubble with the fz6r logo, and it looks way better than the stock but as for performance it doesn't seem to do a lot better blocking the wind. If you want to block the wind I think the puig touring is what everyone goes for. There are other threads on here you can read about it. For looks go with the Yamaha imo.

new2yam

Thanks guys! 1 vote for the Puig so far. ;)

latony007

I have the puig screen. it makes the bike look way better but does not do too much more than stock screen.
racing right? not the touring?

abyss1406

i just ordered a zero gravity dark smoke double bubble windscreen because of the looks and its longer than the stock windscreen.

new2yam

i just ordered a zero gravity dark smoke double bubble windscreen because of the looks and its longer than the stock windscreen.
Do you mean higher? That's exactly what I'm looking to eliminate.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

abyss1406

yes higher, pushes the wind over you when you tuck in making you and the bike more aerodynamic. if you want shorter you might as well chop it down three inches and tint it black yourself

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

latony007

lower?

you actually want it lower? I don't think there is anything lower than the stock screen. All the ones listed here are actually higher, the Yamaha double bubble, the puig racing and touring. Not sure about the zero grav. but I believe that's taller as well

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

ksanbon

I'm sold on the Puig Race screen. Compared to the stock and Yamaha Double Bubble screens, the Puig offers better protection from windblast to the chest and dramaticaly cuts down on turbulence around the helmet.
I'm 5' 9" tall and have my handlebars set in the forward position, so I don't sit as tall in the saddle.
I can tuck in behind the screen to eliminate windblast to my helmet, but the air is so calm there that it makes my RF-1100 fog up on cold mornings.

Last edited:

Chucker

I was going to get the Puig Touring screen, but they were backordered with no definite arrival date. I decided to try the Puig Racing screen, and after a couple of rides decided to stick with it. I like the look (dark smoke), it smooths out the airflow, and it's more appropriate for track days than the touring screen. BTW, I'm 6'2". I suggest going with the Puig Racing.