PCV help

jtostenr

Hi all,

I installed the PCV map switch and speed sensor today, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. Nothing happens when I change the switch, the software still says Map 1. Also, the idle is around 1k now so it seems something has changed.

Here is what I have loaded:
Map1 - PCV TBR map
Map2 - Marthy's AdvGear RevB map

Also, how do I tell that the speed sensor is working?

Jeff

Bert-Aus

In the software, search for the Fuel Switch configuration and it will walk you through how to turn it on

jtostenr

Can't open help (Windows 8 issue?) but anyway, I did go to Power Commander Tools -> Configure -> Feature Enables and Input Selections, then check Map Switch. I tried both Switch Input 1 and Switch Input 2.

Not sure if I need to check any of the options for the speed sensor. Will it harm anything if I run the AdvGear map without the speed sensor working?

Jeff

Bert-Aus

I will have to get screen shots for you tonight,
I am at work atm, and I have the softeware on my laptop at home,
...unless someone else can chime in and beat me to it;)

jtostenr

ok, so it looks like the PCV software doesn't like Chrome. I was able to view the help files in IE. Anyway, I looked at the section you referred to and it confirms that I have the switch wired to the correct inputs and the configuration in the software is good. I also upgraded to the latest firmware, but didn't make a difference.

Only thing I can think of now is to check the switch itself. I was pretty careful though...soldered/heatshrinked it, etc.

Jeff

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jtostenr

Ya I can upload map1 and map2 , but the software says I am always on map1.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

jtostenr

Turns out it was a bad switch....who woulda thought. Brand new from radio shack. Went down there and got a new one today, wired it up and works like it should. I loaded the AdvGear RevB and the Touring RevD maps.

Now I wonder, how do I tell if my speed sensor is wired correctly? If it is not, then what happens when I switch to the AdvGear map?

Jeff

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jtostenr

LOL....well I work in software verification, so maybe that's it :)

I don't have a stand yet, but I will see if it will at least show the gear change with the clutch in. Can I calibrate the speed sensor with the clutch in, or does the wheel actually have to be spinning?

Jeff

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member
Last edited:

jtostenr

Well, no indication in the software when I change gears with the clutch in :(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jtostenr

I used a simple toggle switch from radio shack, but may change later. I placed mine on the inside of the left panel. Kind of hidden away, but easily accessible at any time with gloves on.

Jeff

Attachments

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jtostenr

So finally got around to buying a stand (Pitbull, loving it so far). Got the bike up on it and sure enough, the PCV isn't showing any gear/speed info. I guess I'll be tearing the bike apart this weekend to troubleshoot :mad: