PCV help

jtostenr

Hi all,

I installed the PCV map switch and speed sensor today, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be working. Nothing happens when I change the switch, the software still says Map 1. Also, the idle is around 1k now so it seems something has changed.

Here is what I have loaded:
Map1 - PCV TBR map
Map2 - Marthy's AdvGear RevB map

Also, how do I tell that the speed sensor is working?

Jeff

In the software, search for the Fuel Switch configuration and it will walk you through how to turn it on

Can't open help (Windows 8 issue?) but anyway, I did go to Power Commander Tools -> Configure -> Feature Enables and Input Selections, then check Map Switch. I tried both Switch Input 1 and Switch Input 2.

Not sure if I need to check any of the options for the speed sensor. Will it harm anything if I run the AdvGear map without the speed sensor working?

Jeff

I will have to get screen shots for you tonight,
I am at work atm, and I have the softeware on my laptop at home,
...unless someone else can chime in and beat me to it;)

ok, so it looks like the PCV software doesn't like Chrome. I was able to view the help files in IE. Anyway, I looked at the section you referred to and it confirms that I have the switch wired to the correct inputs and the configuration in the software is good. I also upgraded to the latest firmware, but didn't make a difference.

Only thing I can think of now is to check the switch itself. I was pretty careful though...soldered/heatshrinked it, etc.

Jeff

Ya I can upload map1 and map2 , but the software says I am always on map1.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Turns out it was a bad switch....who woulda thought. Brand new from radio shack. Went down there and got a new one today, wired it up and works like it should. I loaded the AdvGear RevB and the Touring RevD maps.

Now I wonder, how do I tell if my speed sensor is wired correctly? If it is not, then what happens when I switch to the AdvGear map?

Jeff

LOL....well I work in software verification, so maybe that's it :)

I don't have a stand yet, but I will see if it will at least show the gear change with the clutch in. Can I calibrate the speed sensor with the clutch in, or does the wheel actually have to be spinning?

Jeff

Last edited:
Well, no indication in the software when I change gears with the clutch in :(

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

I used a simple toggle switch from radio shack, but may change later. I placed mine on the inside of the left panel. Kind of hidden away, but easily accessible at any time with gloves on.

Jeff

Attachments

• IMAG0089.jpg
    IMAG0089.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 20

So finally got around to buying a stand (Pitbull, loving it so far). Got the bike up on it and sure enough, the PCV isn't showing any gear/speed info. I guess I'll be tearing the bike apart this weekend to troubleshoot :mad:

Back