OMFG Took sleeping pills....still awake!!!!

FazerWest

....this s*cks i just spend the last three and a half hours laying in bed trying to sleep (didnt even dose off for 1 minute!!), im sooo frustrated, even took over the counter sleeping aid at 7am, what the hell is wrong with me? I have to work tonight and I cant spend another minute in bed counting sheep, trying to talk myself into sleep, this is pointless, and i already had to skip work last night cause i lost my card for work, then i came home and found it thank god but damn it i need to sleep, ugh!!!

sorry just ranting, and reading forums to try to get tired....so far...not working!!!

:mad:

Last edited by a moderator:

Szajko

What sleeping aid did you take? Try melatonin if this happens again. I took 2 5mg pills before to knock me out and they seem to do the trick, plus they're natural!

FazerWest

What sleeping aid did you take? Try melatonin if this happens again. I took 2 5mg pills before to knock me out and they seem to do the trick, plus they're natural!
I used to take melatonin then it didnt work anymore, i took the tylenol pm generic from costco, it usually works like a dream haha metaphor! but today it let me down

CrazyCawi

why are you chemically dependent for sleep?

FazerWest

Because i went 4 months with sleeping 2-3 hours a night and i was sooo grumpy and sleep deprived i couldnt take it anymore then i got the sleep aid from costco, and well getting good sleep is in itself addicting not so much the sleeping aid, and ive been fearful to sleep without it, but after tonight im not taking it anymore, i guess if i go back to my 2-3 hours a night thats better than no sleep

CrazyCawi

what happens is your body quits making melatonin. Its actually fatal if it happens. You can no longer fall asleep because yoru body says hey, I keep getting it from these pills I dont need to make it anymore and it shuts down.

DakinechicK

Maybe you should go to a sleep clinic or something and figure out why you have such bad insomnia. They could probably help you.

OR, you can stay really really active..... play a sport where you have practice and games throughout the week, go workout a couple hours a day, jog a few miles a day, etc. That'll make you tired!!

Good luck.

FazerWest

really???? well that sucks! I feel tired but when i close my eyes nothing happens, its not like i feel wide awake i feel like my body is asleep but my mind isnt. in bed my body felt kind of numb literally like my body was in sleep mode but i was just laying there thinking about sleep, and i layed there for 3.5 hours with my eye closed feeling tired but nothing happened...

FazerWest

Maybe you should go to a sleep clinic or something and figure out why you have such bad insomnia. They could probably help you.

OR, you can stay really really active..... play a sport where you have practice and games throughout the week, go workout a couple hours a day, jog a few miles a day, etc. That'll make you tired!!

Good luck.
I wish i could go to a sleep clinic except our health insurance has a 10k deductible so everything would be out of pocket $$$ and i work out 3-4 days a week for 2 hours! I am at a loss, but im not gonna take otc sleep aid anymore, doesnt seem worth it. Thank you all so much for replying and giving me posts to read!!!

Detrich

Just DO NOT take propofol, whatever u do.. lol. x_X

I agree that lifestyle & diet adjustment should come first. Drugs should be a last resort.

Stop eating or drinking any fluids or foods that are high in sugar or caffeine at least 3-4 hours b4 u plan on sleeping. Also, make sure u finish working out at least 3-4 hours b4 sleeping as well. Also, avoid any type of activity that increases brain activity. That is, don't play video games or watch anything too exciting on tv or movies.

Milk is a more natural sleep inducing substance. But don't drink too much of it. Maybe a small warm glass about 1-2 hours prior to sleep.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

r0ar

I know the feeling i need to sleep now as I have work in 5 hours and yet nope still wide awake . Sorry you arent getting any sleep either :-\. Sleeping aids have never worked for me though.

alaskanflyboy

Premium Member

bmw675

I take Unisom when I have to work 3rd shift. Otherwise, my body refuses to sleep when there is day light. Sometimes I will still only get 4 hours of sleep, but usually it works really good.

Only downfall I have is that I become extremely dependent on it, quick.

r0ar

I take Unisom when I have to work 3rd shift. Otherwise, my body refuses to sleep when there is day light. Sometimes I will still only get 4 hours of sleep, but usually it works really good.

Only downfall I have is that I become extremely dependent on it, quick.
on a normal day i get 4 hours of sleep sadly.

BoneJj

really???? well that sucks! I feel tired but when i close my eyes nothing happens, its not like i feel wide awake i feel like my body is asleep but my mind isnt. in bed my body felt kind of numb literally like my body was in sleep mode but i was just laying there thinking about sleep, and i layed there for 3.5 hours with my eye closed feeling tired but nothing happened...
you don't need a sleep aid, you need something to help calm your mind. If you calm your mind you will sleep. Your mind is racing too much and not allowing it to get to sleep.

I have the same problem at times, I think too damn much. They prescribed me some stuff for that and if I take half of a dose I'm able to calm my mind and get some sleep. I mostly have it when tests or major projects at work come up. You sound like you could use it every day....

Chevyfazer

you don't need a sleep aid, you need something to help calm your mind. If you calm your mind you will sleep. Your mind is racing too much and not allowing it to get to sleep.

I have the same problem at times, I think too damn much. They prescribed me some stuff for that and if I take half of a dose I'm able to calm my mind and get some sleep. I mostly have it when tests or major projects at work come up. You sound like you could use it every day....
Don't whatever smoke something like that to clear his mind when he rides.... LMAO