No more speed channel!!

:mad: so I flipped on the tube the other day went to 583 which was speed on fios..::to my suprise there that channel is no longer speed but fox sports1 wth!?!?!!....there is rarely any racing on there and there is no automotive enthusiasts shows anymore :spank:
:spank:
. Thoughts? ...end rant

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member

dart1963

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Last edited:

MaximumHP

I got rid of my cable several years ago and don’t miss it one bit. I don’t watch a lot of sports, and don’t care for “reality” , “competition”, and police/investigation drama shows, which comprises about 80% of TV these days it seems. I record everything I watch, and half the time the TV is only on for distraction vs. really watching. Too many people in this country are brainwashed that they need cable.

I remember when speed came out, it was pretty cool, they had lots of cools stuff like the rally racing etc. Then Nascar took over and never liked it as much as I’m not a big Nascar fan. F1 was about the only thing I watched religiously on it.

BKP

I got rid of my cable several years ago and don’t miss it one bit. I don’t watch a lot of sports, and don’t care for “reality” , “competition”, and police/investigation drama shows, which comprises about 80% of TV these days it seems....
+1

Cancelled DirecTV a year ago... never looked back... cancelled cable over three years ago...
Amazing what you *don't* miss...

Now, it's just Netflix, Redbox, and a couple channels Xfinity threw in for free with my internet access...

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

Blue-Sun

Elite Member

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member

latony007

poor speed

I miss speed too, fox didn't have enough sports channels? the only reason to watch fox over ESPN was the fact that Fox has local channels vs. a nationwide one, fox sport west, fox sports rocky mountain etc. etc. The only reason I will ever tune in to FS1 is to watch Nascar which I am a big fan of. I can't figure out why speed sold out, seemed like they were doing good. In fact Nascar, football, baseball and the occasional history/discovery chanell is about all I ever watch.

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member

MaximumHP

... Problem is (having worked in CATV) whencarriers try to resist the price increases, customers all get pi$$y because they want their channel and now its blacked out. However, they also get crabby when they get a price increase because of that channel.

I might start setting more and more of my shows onto HULU, because with PLAYON I can watch on my xbox w/o Hulu Plus costs. See how little we would actually have to use the Dish DVR for and see if we can drop that $90+ monthly cost.
I see this too, people blaming the carrier when stations get blacked out over pricing disputes. it's ashame, because time-warner (the local carrier) is actually trying to reduce thier costs, they can only absorb so many price hikes from the networks before they have to pass it on. The networks are really running the show, which sucks.

I use netflix and am currently trying out Amazon prime. I used to use Hulu, may have to give it another shot. I only need stuff not available from the main networks, I record all that OTA on my PC.

latony007

prime

I love amazon prime, only 75 a year and get free two day shipping on everything as well as the free streaming. Plus they have all the new releases on there so if you want to pay for something you can do it on the same program and it all runs through my playstation which makes it nice and easy.

Pinarello Rider

:mad: so I flipped on the tube the other day went to 583 which was speed on fios..::to my suprise there that channel is no longer speed but fox sports1 wth!?!?!!....there is rarely any racing on there and there is no automotive enthusiasts shows anymore :spank:
:spank:
. Thoughts? ...end rant
So far a big MEH from me. The "automotive enthusiast" stuff was mostly infomercials parading as DIY garage stuff. They were shills, nothing more. I would like to see more "mainstream" coverage of Indycar, F1, ALMS, Grand-Am and Australian V8 Supercars. Speed delays too many of their programs. Seriously - we're watching Nascar countdown while delaying Conti Tire Series 3 weeks? That's garbage.

MichaelInVenice

Lot of Class, Mostly Low
Elite Member