No more rabbit ears! MIRRORS MIRRORS

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

DubiousDrummer

There are tons of aftermarket mirrors that are so called universal. most of them will fit and if not you may have to make small mods to make them work.
But what about the vibration and visibility issues that everyone keeps having? I don't want to spend money on either of these mirrors if they're not going to be worth it.

dcBear78

Those universal ones with the integrated turn signal do not look right when installed. I bought a pair with the same intention of running them along with the flush turn signals. The swivel joint doesn't swivel much (at all) so the mirrors point up at the same angle of the stalk.the mirrors don't turn horizontal,as they should.

So I then bought the zx6 ones (after binning those ones) and they fit perfectly fine. If they are vibrating they obviously were not installed correctly. The vision is different. Instead of looking past your shoulders in the mirror, you are looking under your elbow (between arm and body). I personally liked this. Sometimes I would lift my arm a bit to look under a bit better. But you shouldn't rely on the mirrors. You should shoulder check before any movements.

RiderUp

<snip>

So I then bought the zx6 ones (after binning those ones) and they fit perfectly fine. If they are vibrating they obviously were not installed correctly. The vision is different. Instead of looking past your shoulders in the mirror, you are looking under your elbow (between arm and body). I personally liked this. Sometimes I would lift my arm a bit to look under a bit better. But you shouldn't rely on the mirrors. You should shoulder check before any movements.
What year model of the zx6 mirrors did you purchase? I want to make sure I get ones that will fit. Did you get them off eBay or from Kawi? Thanks

Last edited:

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

mbolduc3

I buy trojan mirrors and the visibility is very poor.
I would like to know witch year of zx-6r mirrors you use because it look very great and I think the visibility is good ?

Thanks

SkinnyBiker

good ... thanks for the installation tips ... I'll post pics as soon as my Universal Trojan with Integrated flashers will be received and installed ...
I got these, installed. Loved them, bike looks awesome. Didn't tamper with the originals as I didn't have flush mounts to replace. Good job. I felt like ripping them off after a week! They just didn't give me the clearance and vision behind no matter how I placed them. My arm sat right in the middle of the mirror! It then came to the tough decision, stick or twist. I took them off and sent them back. I look to see if I could extend then but couldn't come up with any ideas! Darm

06330i

So for anyone that's installing the zx6r mirrors, just wanted to mention a few things that I've noticed when I installed mine. My left side mirror was aiming almost straight in the air, so I noticed the stalk of the mirror was upside down in the mirror bracket. So if you have that issue, try that, it might fix it.

reaper27

I just replaced my mirrors, took about 2 hours. Less vibration and better visibility than the stock mirrors. I you all want I can write up the details, with links and pictures, but it will be a long post.

Attachments

alh081

changed out my zx6r mirrors for these.
used these for a while now and i gotta say....love them!!

tzrox

I just replaced my mirrors, took about 2 hours. Less vibration and better visibility than the stock mirrors. I you all want I can write up the details, with links and pictures, but it will be a long post.
I def wouldn't mind a link to the ones you went with. Up to you if you want to do a whole write up. :p. Thx in advance!

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member

alh081

Did these on my naked GS500 and loved the look... but when it came time to squeeze by the wife or roommate's car and get into the driveway, I hated how much wider they made the bike. I'm responsible for some scratches here and there....

Still love the look though!
mine are foldable :D

Idiosynocracy

I've been looking for some good mirrors to take away the ugly bug antennae. I've read the this thread and I will either settle on the R6s ones or the Zx6r ones. But I was wondering if I should get the OEM actual models or the OEM "styled" ones. I hear the OEM "styled" ones are flimsy and vibrate too much. Am I just being too cautious or is my suspicion just?

SPALDING

I've been looking for some good mirrors to take away the ugly bug antennae. I've read the this thread and I will either settle on the R6s ones or the Zx6r ones. But I was wondering if I should get the OEM actual models or the OEM "styled" ones. I hear the OEM "styled" ones are flimsy and vibrate too much. Am I just being too cautious or is my suspicion just?
BARRACUDA EGO-RACE

I run a set of these and everyone who rides has said the mirrors look good.That being said vision IS reduced but that has to be expected with a smaller mirror.Vibration is pretty good i think but just to help i used a small thin fibre washer in between the mirror and fairing,and it also raised them just a touch to make sure they didnt rub on fairing.They are a straight forward easy fit as the allen key bolts are moveable up and down so they fit into oem holes,and also come with built in indicators but they are more expensive.Ill post a pic of them on my bike if anyone is interested.

Attachments

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

MistahT

Mistah T
Elite Member