Newbe from AZ

mxw1090

Hi, just joined the site. I think the FZ6R will be the bike for me, so doing some research first. Finding a lot of good info here.

I'm a very short old lady, stopped counting years after 50, seemed like an accomplishment to make it that far.

I love sport bikes, but just too short for most of them. Ride my son's ZX10R once in a while, just have to plan every stop since I can only get 1 toe on the ground and the other is several inches off the ground. I have a FZ1 right now that I love riding, but I'm finally admitting to myself I'm too short for it and I need something that I can squeeze another .5"-1" out of. At my height every 1/4 inch makes a huge difference. I've lowered the FZ1 2.25" front and rear, removed the rubber seat mounts and wear very thick sole boots. With that I can just barely get both tiptoes on the ground at the same time. I've put 14K on the bike so I ride a lot, I just have to avoid all speed bumps or ride sideways accross them. My inseam is almost 27" so I'll never get flat foot, just looking for a little more control. Also have short arms so need to be able to bring the handlebars back. I have the bars back 1" on the FZ1 and it's perfect, I'm still leaning forward in a sport bike position, but at least I'm not completely stretched out.

My previous bike was a Ninja 650, lowered 2". Didn't have any ground clearance issues and the seat height after lowering was about 29.1 the FZ1 is about 30.1 where I have it now.

The only complaint I had on the 650 was it rode like a hardtail once lowered. Once I hopped on the FZ I was amazed on how smooth it was and just seemed like on a rail on twisties. And of course the power is fantastic.

I've been looking at the FZ6R, the specs state a 30.9" seat height and 5.5" ground clearance. If I lower it 1.75-2" it would still have about .5 more ground clearance than the FZ1. Lot less power, but I used to keep up with my son on the 650 just requires a little more throttle control.

I'll probably post a few questions just to get more info.

I'm pretty much a weekend rider, but put a lot of miles on the bike at least 12k a year. Usually take 1 long trip each year, 4K mi, trying to see the entire country by bike. I'll look for any excuse to go for a ride and the great thing about Arizona is year round riding.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

latony007

Welcome, id like to get out there and ride some of those open roads sometime. im a midget too :) can you send me your FZ1 when you get an fz6r? :)

fZ6r is a great all around bike, your probably really going to miss the extra power though. Marthy how tall is the FZ-09?

Hi, just joined the site. I think the FZ6R will be the bike for me, so doing some research first. Finding a lot of good info here.

I'm a very short old lady, stopped counting years after 50, seemed like an accomplishment to make it that far.

I love sport bikes, but just too short for most of them. Ride my son's ZX10R once in a while, just have to plan every stop since I can only get 1 toe on the ground and the other is several inches off the ground. I have a FZ1 right now that I love riding, but I'm finally admitting to myself I'm too short for it and I need something that I can squeeze another .5"-1" out of. At my height every 1/4 inch makes a huge difference. I've lowered the FZ1 2.25" front and rear, removed the rubber seat mounts and wear very thick sole boots. With that I can just barely get both tiptoes on the ground at the same time. I've put 14K on the bike so I ride a lot, I just have to avoid all speed bumps or ride sideways accross them. My inseam is almost 27" so I'll never get flat foot, just looking for a little more control. Also have short arms so need to be able to bring the handlebars back. I have the bars back 1" on the FZ1 and it's perfect, I'm still leaning forward in a sport bike position, but at least I'm not completely stretched out.

My previous bike was a Ninja 650, lowered 2". Didn't have any ground clearance issues and the seat height after lowering was about 29.1 the FZ1 is about 30.1 where I have it now.

The only complaint I had on the 650 was it rode like a hardtail once lowered. Once I hopped on the FZ I was amazed on how smooth it was and just seemed like on a rail on twisties. And of course the power is fantastic.

I've been looking at the FZ6R, the specs state a 30.9" seat height and 5.5" ground clearance. If I lower it 1.75-2" it would still have about .5 more ground clearance than the FZ1. Lot less power, but I used to keep up with my son on the 650 just requires a little more throttle control.

I'll probably post a few questions just to get more info.

I'm pretty much a weekend rider, but put a lot of miles on the bike at least 12k a year. Usually take 1 long trip each year, 4K mi, trying to see the entire country by bike. I'll look for any excuse to go for a ride and the great thing about Arizona is year round riding.
Would you adopt me??? You'd be the coolest mom I would ever know. :) lol, jokes aside, glad to have you apart of the forums.

mxw1090

Thanks for the welcome.

Urbanduckman - I've always told my son he had a cool mom :)

I looked at the FZ8 and FZ9 but they are only about 1/4" shorter than the FZ1. I need a little more than that and there is no way I going to a cruiser, had a few before and prefer sport bikes. They even raised the seat height on the newer Ninja 650 to the same as the FZ9. I really prefer the sound and feel of the inline 4 cyl.

Going to look at a 2011 FZ6R tomorrow that is already lowered.

Anthony

Fastest Member
Elite Member