New Ride coming soon!

Gixerhp

Well the woman has progressed beyond my expectation.
It is time to move up on the ladder of bikes.
We are looking at several options.
First is a Triumph Street Triple R
Second is a Ninja 1000
The Ninja has sooo many options for growing into it its crazy.
Its a entry level Sport tourer with power options as well as traction options!
Second is the Triumph Street triple.
The bike is basically naked but the components, make up for its nakedness! Brakes Suspension, as well as over build and package is something to consider!
The Triumph is an inline 3 as to the Ninja's in line 4.
The Ninja does has much more power,,, but the Triumph is a sweet contender.
Now for the drawbacks, as for the Fz6r the seat height is sooo sweet and easily worked with, when your looking for an upgrade, if your short good luck!
Bikes can be lowered, but at what cost, But at what cost, handling, ground clearance, over all performance ?
Witch direction to go to?
Im lost at this point, and still looking!
I will post witch direction we go, and why

Bert-Aus

Give the VFR800 a look over, she may like that too
Enjoy the browsing & test rides
Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

latony007

thats awesome, i would not let my wife ride a ninja 1k ever ever ever lol. She want that big of a bike? Its a great bike no doubt. i have put in a few miles on the street triple and its a great performance bike too but im not sure i would want one for longer rides. Does get a little windy being naked. love the sound of it though. However if your on a Hyabusa your not interested in comfort just speed so go for the ninja :)

RoadTrip

I second the VFR800, its such a nice looking bike, and makes great sounds. The reviews on handling are very good, and it has traction control, center stand and heated grips. Also, it has very sporty ergos so it should work great in the twisties as long as your wife fits the bike.

I wouldn't rule out a GSXR600 or CBR600, though, she might find those more exciting and the learning curve is so much longer to keep her interested (e.g. top end and handling); but it depends on how long your rides will be, those are good 2-3 hour ride bikes.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

latony007

From what i read the FZ09 was quicker but didnt have the top end of the street triple. I have ridden them both although the fz09 only on a test ride vs. i have ridden the triple quite a bit. if i had to choose between the two i would probably go with the yamaha just because its a grand or two cheaper isnt it? At the same price... hmm probably the triple because i thought the 09 was just too jerky. i know they have flashed a fix for that but i havent tried it. However after all that i have to say i agree with you, the Ninja 1K is a nice bike, hauls a** and as you mentioned has the power modes and ABS. its also the most expensive of the 3.

Gixerhp

FZ09? Yamaha apparently fix the fueling issues for 2015, free flash upgrade for the 2014. Its a bit more HP than the ST3 and the engine...
Still a contender in the background,, its coming down to the F aired bike verses the naked bike.

Also, Marty, there is many updates on ECU reflash sites to cure the throttle response that the early FZ 09's have

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member