New member welcome thread

sasha

Hello everyone, I'm from Moscow, Russia, turning 28 this May, got my first bike not long ago, it's yamaha xj6n, and I'm very glad about it. Probably one of the best purchases I ever did.

Forgot about the name.. My name is Sasha, short for Alexander in Russian, and, to avoid confusion, I'm a dude, not a chick :)

DragonBlu

Thanks for clarifying the dude/chick thing. Just kidding. Welcome and enjoy all the fine info and help here from this fine group of Ladies and Gentlemen. :)

springstime

New member hello

Hi my name is Tony I'm from Durham North Carolina I just finished the MSF riding course and now in process of buying my first bike. I love the fz6r and will soon be bringing my new bike home. Enjoy reading all the blogs and tips thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge.

Tony

ateb74

New Member with Question

I would like to introduce myself and ask a question. I have been lurking for awhile and have not needed to ask a question since yall have answered alot of them already. I live in Brunswick,Ga and I have an 09 Raven since about the begining of April. I have already done the break in on it and have just finished putting a new windscreen (Thanks to all of you) and a FE (also thanks to you). I just purchased a Shoei RF-1100 and love it so much more than my HJC. Now my question, when the stock rear blinkers were on and everything was stock were they on as running light or were they just blinkers. I cant remember and after putting the FE on with new LED they are just blinkers. Thanks for all the help and info

B

kevcoop

Hi,
My name is Kevin and I live in Victorville, Ca. I just traded in my 2006 Kawasaki 650R for a 2009 FZ6R in Yamaha blue.
Still gettiing used to the differance in tork, but I love how the Yamaha looks.

I like this forum cause it has already answered alot of questions that I have had and things that I can't wait to do to the bike.

Heineken

Elite Member

JonKerr

Elite Member

phenchick

Hello

Hi my name is Kimberlee (Little Rock, Arkansas) I am a first time owner/rider. I usually am one of the chicks on back of the bike but I want more of a thrill and learn to ride my own. I am excited to have this bike as my first as I had done alot of research on it and thought it to be the best one for me. I am awaiting to take the Motorcycle Riders Course (received my permit last week) so in the mean time I am learning to stop and go in my driveway. I can not wait to ride along side my friends, to work, and well.. anywhere I wish to go!!:)

Last edited:

BondGirl

New chick!!

Hi all,
I am from Canada,Montreal city and decided to join the forum to learn a little about mybike and maybe help others If I can.
This Is the first bike I own. 2010 FZ6R white/red with gold rims. hihi I loooooove It.
I've been riding backseat for the last 3-4 years with friends. My boyfriend convince me to buy my own bike so I could enjoy all the fun of driving my own machine. He's a long tme rider. He owns 3 bike ( 2004 R1, 2006 R6r and 2008 ZX6r) so I can ride backseat If I want hardcore twisties riding!!!

Next thing Is to have the bike setted up right. I'm 5'2 so It's too high as it is stock. can't wait.............
Thanks, i hope to meet tons of nece peole and maybe riding friends.

Detrich

congrats & welcome gals! always great to see more female riders out there :)

Bison39

First Time Rider / First Bike!

Hello to everyone!

My name is Kenton and I'm from Winnipeg, MB (Canada). I am a first time rider and after finishing my 21-hour motorcycle course I was hooked. I bought my very first bike (Yellow '09 FZ6R) last week from the dealer and I can't wait for the rain to let up so I can do some more riding around!

I look forward to learning the in's and out's of my motorcycle from you guys and maybe one day I can help others with the same.

Hitman

Hey all,

I'm from Westland, MI. Just picked up my 2009 FZ6R Raven last Friday and just turned 200miles on the odo. This is my first street bike and I'm loving it so far. Hope to be able to learn alot from you all.

Also if I weigh 250lbs what should I have my rear pre-load adjusted to? I searched around but couldnt find anything.

Roaddawg

Hey all,

I'm from Westland, MI. Just picked up my 2009 FZ6R Raven last Friday and just turned 200miles on the odo. This is my first street bike and I'm loving it so far. Hope to be able to learn alot from you all.

Also if I weigh 250lbs what should I have my rear pre-load adjusted to? I searched around but couldnt find anything.
Welcome....6 or 7 on the preload and about 42 PSI rear tire.

dragoato

Hello everyone!

My name is Albert and I am from Northern Suburb of Chicago. I got my bike, FZ6R 09 Yamaha blue, last year after completing the MSF course. I started looking at reviews for different mods that I want to do and came across this forum and found great information that I was looking for.

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome!!!!

AussieRider

G'day mates. I'm Andrew from sunny Queensland Australia. Bought the bike 2 weeks ago and am stoked. I especially work 2 jobs to pay for Sparky (that's what I named her). Don't know why I waited 9 or so years to get a bike. *face palm*. Hope to contribute what I can. Happy riding.

Oh, P.S Get well soon Rossi.

CAS Golf

I just got my FZ6R delivered this AM! It's my 1st bike, and I can hardly wait to ride her! I'm taking the MSF course next month! I've been reading a lot on the forum and I'm looking forward to learning more from all of you.

JSP

Super Moderator
Welcome! ;)

new2bikes

new guy

Hello everyone , im from atlanta ga, got my bike three weeks ago, just got around to putting in some riding time. we have had alot of rain, i have only 47 miles on it, having a blast just went outof the neighborhood today and onto a 55mph highway( not freeway), it was a blast. I hope to learn a lot on this forum

lulublack

Hi, my name is Sergio. I'm new member; I got my first and new bike last October in virginia Beach; she's a Black FZ6R and I'm loving riding her!!! I'm very happy to have found you guys in the web!!!