New member welcome thread

Congrats on your new bike Scott. It is a great bike. This forum is great too. They have great recommendations for mods and very helpful instructions.

Safe riding...

Toni

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

I'm Josh, I am originally from Philadelphia but currently reside in Orlando and attend UCF. I am a Political Science major who loves his courses yet has zero idea of how to apply them going forward and what career path to set upon. I actually referee college basketball and would like to make it into the SEC and ACC and ref the NCAA tournament championship game at some point in my life. I own an 09 FZ6R-YY which I love... and just so happened to lay down on my first day of riding it. A little road rash isn't my concern... When i road the bike around the city that day it was amazing, the feeling indescribable. I loved it and cannot wait to fix the bike up and get back on the road. I bent the front forks pretty decent but the fairings actually fared pretty well in the slide. I just can't wait to get the bike over to my friends house this Friday and disassemble it so that i can have a list... an idea of where to start. Hoping for the best

Hello everyone,

My name is Vince I'm new to the forum, I've had my 2009 Fz6r for a year now and I love it. I live in Gaithersburg, MD but originally from CA. Just looking to meet some cool guys to ride with, talk bikes, and learn along the way.

Welcome!!! .

Hey everybody. I got my FZ6R a few weeks ago and have been lurking here for the past couple of months, so I figure it's time I said hello.

A bit about me, I live in Toronto, Canada and I've been riding for 3 years now. This is my third bike, and I am absolutely loving it! I work as a locksmith and tinker with vehicles in my spare time. I am an avid user of Google and the Search function on all the forums I'm a part of, so don't be fooled by my post count lol

I look forward to enjoying this bike for quite a while and hopefully meeting some other FZ6R owners as they seem to be few and far between up here!

Thanks,
Tim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Bike-Old Rider

Hi all,

I am Mike. 64 years old, been riding off and on for a lot of years. Have had lots of different bikes, just sold my Harley and got a new 2011 fz6r. Did a lot of research and liked what I saw. Lots of reviewers refer to the fz6r as a "beginner's bike", but I am at the other end of that. At this point in my life, I am looking for a bike that is light, handles well, and is low enough for me to get my leg over. Also need enough quickness to have some fun, and take advantage of the great roads in the mountains around Lake Tahoe. I am long past the stage were I need to have the fastest, loudest, or scariest bike. I have about 160 miles on the fz6r, and it looks like it will be perfect for me. Looking forward to what I can learn from you all about how to get the best from this bike.

Mike

hi my names Patrick from Sydney Australia I just came back from the dealer today and bought my new 2013 special edition blue fz6r Im picking it up on Monday I'm so anxious I won't be able to sleep till then my other bike is a little 2011 cbr250r, nice to meet you guys glad to be here.

hi my names Patrick from Sydney Australia I just came back from the dealer today and bought my new 2013 special edition blue fz6r Im picking it up on Monday I'm so anxious I won't be able to sleep till then my other bike is a little 2011 cbr250r, nice to meet you guys glad to be here.

Where bouts in Sydanay Patrick? I purcahsed mine up there yesterday, but in White! I Love it!

How awesome. Congrats on your new bike. I still have my cbr250R. Don't know how to let it go yet. Did 12,567 miles with her within a year. But I definitely love.. Love my 2012 fz6r. Totally a different bike and feeling. Have fun....

TONI

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Helllllooooo

Hey all - new rider here just finished my MSF licensing course - Had my choices narrowed down to a kawa versys - kawa ninja 650r- and the Yamaha FZ6R after trolling on many forums and you-tube my decision was CLEAR - just got back from the dealership where i purchased my first bike, a new 2012 Yamaha FZ6R BLACK - super excited pick it up monday!! cant wait to get out and ride!!! :D :D

- thinking of getting the front signals flush mounted before i pick it up - wondering if it will hurt my visability though :confused:

Hello all. After finishing the MSP was a little unsure of what I wanted and was between a Ninja 500, Harley Iron 883, and the FZ6R. Ended up with a great deal on a 2011 FZ6R, copper/raven, with only 192 miles on it that I couldn't pass up. Its my first bike and after reading into it some it seems like an ok starter, maybe a little ambitious. I went back and forth on it, even to the point of thinking I'd wait till next spring, but the price pushed me over.

It's just a little tall for me to fully be comfortable at a stop with both feet on the ground, but I'm hoping the lowering link and fork adjustments can get it to where I'd like it to be.

I'm really glad there is an active forum, as is with my other vehicles, you can never under estimate the knowledge that is out there.

Hi, I'm Niki. After going through the MSF course I bought my 2013 FZ6R a couple months ago as my first bike and I absolutely love it! Have already done a few mods on her thanks to all the info on this forum. I'm originally from Florida but am in the Navy and stationed in Virginia now. I've always wanted a bike and am so glad I finally got one, love it so much I can't stand driving my truck anymore :D

Hi

Hi I am from Ontario, Canada . I have a 2011 FZ6R. Love this bike sporty , racey and able to do long rides Would like to meet others to discuss upgrades hey have made; My name is John .pics bike 113.jpg

pics bike 114.jpg

Back