new bike

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
well some of you were right on, I've been eyeing this bike for some time now.

I just dropped off my '11 daytona 675 se.
I havent got to ride it yet, waiting on frame sliders to show up.

I will let you know how it compares, if at all, to the 6r.

finally, pics...
VERY NICE!!

I love the SE!! Enjoy it brotha! When I move back to that area in August, can I ride...? ;)

CrazyCawi

OMG. "chokes on water"....sexiest bike ever. I like it better than the bmw S1000RR :eek: holy shiot. Speechless. I LOVE WHITE AND BLUE(NON GIXXER BLUE)

Last edited:

bmw675

VERY NICE!!

I love the SE!! Enjoy it brotha! When I move back to that area in August, can I ride...? ;)
sure you can, you can ride right along side of me on your 6r. :D

seriously though, when you move back shoot me a message or email (its my username@yahoo.

they actually had a bmw s1000rr there, it just didn't do much for me.

99vengeur

Administrator
Staff member
sure you can, you can ride right along side of me on your 6r. :D

seriously though, when you move back shoot me a message or email (its my username@yahoo.

they actually had a bmw s1000rr there, it just didn't do much for me.
HAHAHA :shakehead:

I have been eying the 675, but the next bike needs to be something the wife and I can enjoy together. I almost drove a couple hours to trade in the 6R a few months back for the 2010 SE. :(

Tmak73

Looking forward to the review I would not mind getting a 675 in the future

Sage

I love 675's.... They look so sexy, congrats bmw :)

bmw675

ok, i couldn't resist, went for a quick ride :D:D:D:D:D

2 things that are definetly different from the 6r, besides the riding position :rolleyes:

1: the stock exhaust is extremely loud, i guess i'll sort through that ear plug thread again.
2: the shift lever range is totally different. I don't know if the 675 is better than norm, or if the 6r was below avg, (it was my first bike).
the 675 seems to have a much smaller shift lever range and when it goes into the next gear, you can definetly feel it in the pedal. i thought the 6r had a 'soft' pop into the desired gear. :don'tknow:

Im sure those that have went up to the r6, or anything else for that matter, could attest to the same 2 comments.

Deanohh

The 675 is an awsome engine and overall bike design. I recently came to the same conclusion, with a slightly different result.

The Triumph tranny has first rate shifting action... the 6r shifting is not bad... just ordinary.

Attachments

bmw675

The 675 is an awsome engine and overall bike design. I recently came to the same conclusion, with a slightly different result.

The Triumph tranny has first rate shifting action... the 6r shifting is not bad... just ordinary.
they had a '12 street triple r in their today, was beautiful. they also had some of the new models they came out with. the ones that look like oversized dirt bikes to me lol. bmw has alot of them, just not my cup of tea.

how do you like the case covers, do they stick out ackwardly at all? they look top quality. im guessing tj?

Diluted

Super *********
Elite Member

Detrich

nice & congrats! :)

dang... a 2011 675 "SE"... i'm afraid to ask how much it cost. but, for that price range, why not go for a 1000cc bike?

bmw675

nice & congrats! :)

dang... a 2011 675 "SE"... i'm afraid to ask how much it cost. but, for that price range, why not go for a 1000cc bike?
really the sticker isn't much different from other 600 class bikes. msrp was 10,899. the se is about $400 more than the normal daytona, but it comes in white (which i like) and it has cnc levers and it has like 4-5 carbon fiber accent pieces. They don't give much of a discount like yamaha and the like b/c there isn't as many dealers/competition. Closest dealer to me is right at 2 hrs away.

1000cc is just way too much for me. Im sure the 675 has much more than i need. plus the 675 is a much smaller setup compared to liter bikes.

iSpoolin

Very nice, I just posted in your thread over on 675.net haha

Welcome to the R.A.T. Family :sinister:

Here's mine :D

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Deanohh

they had a '12 street triple r in their today, was beautiful. they also had some of the new models they came out with. the ones that look like oversized dirt bikes to me lol. bmw has alot of them, just not my cup of tea.

how do you like the case covers, do they stick out ackwardly at all? they look top quality. im guessing tj?
The covers are from GB Racing. They fit perfect and don't stick out or look funny. Don't know if there is enough clearance to fit with Daytona fairings. Seemed like they listed the Daytona, though.... can't remember.

iSpoolin

The covers are from GB Racing. They fit perfect and don't stick out or look funny. Don't know if there is enough clearance to fit with Daytona fairings. Seemed like they listed the Daytona, though.... can't remember.
Yeah they make the GBR kit for the Daytona as well, ridersdiscount is the best place for them! 499$ shipped for the full protection kit is what TJ quoted me.

ChUcK

I really dig the integrated swingarm, with the chain going through and all that. I saw some new Ducs with some really organic looking swingarms, tasty.

Nice 675s, gents! I wish I could do the same, but my next bike has already been determined to be a dual sport. For the zombies.

Sage

I really dig the integrated swingarm, with the chain going through and all that. I saw some new Ducs with some really organic looking swingarms, tasty.

Nice 675s, gents! I wish I could do the same, but my next bike has already been determined to be a dual sport. For the zombies.
We must be ready to outrun the scourge.