need some opinions!!!!

travisH3

Well my awesome gf suprised me with a new helmet for christmas, the Icon airmada stack. well she looked at my helmet i had now which is a large and Icon runs a little more race fit/tight so I needed to send it back to get the right size and cant decide on color. I need XL and here is a pic of my jacket that i wear. I like the white because I feel it stands out more and drivers may have a better chance at seeing me but I feel the black matches better. let me know what you think because I really like BOTH and cant decide. XL black helmets are out of stock at revzilla, cycle gear, and the other big stores I have checked which is another issue but I can wait.

here are some pics to give ya an idea

sweet present! Well white is deff more visible, however, I like how the black matches the jacket&bike a little better. In the end, its your helmet so you should get which you like the best and not what I like better lol.

oldtouring b

Is color cordinating a good idea??

Travis-- think like a car driver for a moment.. The front of your bike is black.. your jacket is medium to dark in color. You need some visability!!

The white helmet may save people turning in front of you many times.

Most drivers donot see us. If you can help in any way that is money well spent..

Good looking mods to your bike. Ride safe..

efforex

White like better then the black for sure

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Nastybutler

Cynical Member
Elite Member

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

darksidefz6r

Personally I like the white. I don't know if you have ever owned a black helmet before but with my old black lid I would bake in the summer sun and made it miserable in town/traffic while stopped. I have since switched to a white helmet and has helped a lot in the summer as far as heat on my head. Just a thought since Ohio likely has the same type of hot, humid summers Indiana has.

travisH3

your all thinking the same as me. I like the white for visibility but im not banking on it to save my life(color wise). Im very defensive riding and take the backroads almost 95% just to stay away from as much of the madness as I can haha. I really like both so either one i get im gonna love it. white is in stock now, black is on backorder so that may influence my decison.

and yes ohio gets humid. there are a few weeks in the summer it almost gets too hot for riding a bike, add gear and you feel like your gonna melt. the black bike does get really hot, after my ninja being black i said i wouldnt own another black bike but my cheap self couldnt pass up the deal on a black FZ6R. might be plasti dipping it white though soon.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

bobski

The white looks racier/sportier to me and matches the jacket great . . and white helmets are definitely more visible imho. I personally 'notice' white helmets all the time and wear one myself for exactly that reason.

travisH3

i think the white helmet with smoked visor would look pretty good and help blend with the jacket some more. and if i need more black i could always plastidip the spoiler part black to give it some more color. I think im leaning towards the white right now. The black looks awesome but everyone has brought up great points about white being a little cooler, slightly more visible. decisions decisions, something i never have been good at HAHA

thanks for all the opinions everyone! Im anxious for the weather to clear up so i can ride more. The weather went from teens at night to 67 degrees on saturday and sunday and this morning I woke up and 20 degrees. crazy weather

nismos14

I'm movin on
Elite Member

leem00

Sport touring Member
Elite Member

travisH3

Up for a ride along the river or down into KY this summer?
You betcha man. I'm getting sick of driving this big diesel truck around. I need some marthy's exhaust in my ear :D

Bert-Aus

I like the white -looks way better.

However in considering YOUR sight the black rubber nose & visor internals would make it easier for you to see!
-think about baseballers with their eye paint etc. the reflective capabilities of white rimming will reflect more light into your eyes and thus making more glare for you to see through...
just change out the rubber internals or colour them in with a good paint marker....-but it looks so good in white

Last edited: