My take on kryptonbulbs.com H4 Bi-Xenon HID kit

Tmak73

Well supposedly we only need one ballast for his kit. Thats what I had read somewhere else on here at least. Doesn't the the harness run the power to the ballast and then its sent to the bulb from there? I will get it figured out. The electrical part won't be the problem for me as long as I get that connector.

MikeN02

I ordered it 8k hows that going to look?
http://www.600cc.org/forum/attachments/f89/20637d1297537923-my-take-kryptonbulbs-com-h4-bi-xenon-hid-kit-kchart.jpg

I would consider it "usable blue" unlike the 10k where it's blue but you can't see anything.

A lot of other members use one ballast too because it's one beam. Makes sense to me since I have a dual setup on my R6 (both bulbs have low and high) and I require two.

You need power from the positive and negative of the connector, to the ballast to the bike's OEM bulb power I'm guess. Not an expert but I just hooked it up to the instructions.

Chaphil3

Shed some light?

Maybe I can help some with the setup. I dont have this exact kit but I have bixenon projectors on my camry and I did ALOT of reading on the subject before I bought mine. I have edited the pic from ddm tuning to show what is what. What is circled in red is not a ballast, its a relay. Its what is responsible for "relaying" the signal to the ballast to cut on the lights. What you see in green is the ballast (provides the volt increase to power the lights. be careful about flicking your lights on and off alot, it can cause premature light failure). The part circled in grey connects to the battery terminals. Circled in green is the pigtail for the "bi-xenon" function or the high beam function. It looks like this kit maybe is missing a connection (or maybe I can't see everything in this pic). On my projectors, that pigtail connects into another pigtail connection which should be wired to the relay somewhere to signal to flip the solenoid responsible for the high function. When you activate the solenoid, the light actually moves back in the casing to the hole opening to allow more light out (hence high beams). Hope that helps some! Good luck

Attachments

McJosh

Just put my HID kit in today! Taking apart the fairings was simple.(i've never owned a plastic bike before)
I used an old bulb and ballast from my Tacoma as they use the same size bulb. I don't even have a ground, it plugged right in to the stock harness. Haven't used it at night but I know what it looked like in my truck so I'm happy. :wav:

Tmak73

Another Krypton Bulbs success story! H4 Bi-xenon single bulb 6000K kit.

Attachments

the dark knight

So I was working on installing my HID kit from krypton bulbs. I saw that the harness for the headlight on my bulb is a 3-prong (positive, negative, and ground) and the one i received is just a 2 prong? anyone else run into this?
i have the same issue!! help

Tmak73

If thats the case he forgot to mail ya the relay harness. He sent mine out to me no problem after I got a hold of him. It was a lot easier to get ahold of him through his forum. its Yamaha-Forums.com

cavcuz05

should have gone retro:thumbup:

Uno979

Thuper Moderator
Premium Member

Tmak73

H4 Bi-xenon kit.

Tmak73

For those wondering, Here is a picture of the 8000K I have a picture of the 6000K posted a page or two earlier. If you want any other picture's just let me know and I can snap some.

Attachments

bigddy263

Happy with mine

I also got the 5000k 35w bi-xenon. It was easier to install than expected, didn't have to run a wire to the battery. Mine just plugs in to the original bulb plug. The color suprised me at first, but after about 30 seconds it goes from a bluish color to a nice pure white. Just like everybody else said, the parts seem like good quality, good connectors, wire, ect... The packaging wasn't what I expected (my kit was just put in a small box with some bubble wrap.) I assume my kit was removed from what used to be a two bulb kit, but I don't care, everything I needed was in the box. I never got a shipping notification when I ordered, but I received the kit in about a week with free shipping. I am happy enough with them that I ordered a set of H7 low beams for my wifes car (mazda 3). BTW, the high beam seems to work OK, but even with the halogen in the bike, the high beam doesn't seem to put any light on the road, only just above it. Its like the cutoff moves up when you switch to high. I wish there was a way to lower the high beam without moving the low beam, or leave the low beam on when the high beam is on. Please note, I am very picky, and also very happy with the kit.

Nick89

I don't know whats going on over at Krypton bulbs but I ordered on 10/04/11 and I have not recieved any emails or calls about my order.

When I look at my order on his website it still says "processing" I sent him an email two weeks ago and have not recieved a reply.

My bank account WAS charged.

I got the Xenon 8000k H4 Hi/Low kit with extended wiring. There is a Bike show at the end of this month and I was expecting to have this kit installed for the show.

This fucking sucks.