My take on kryptonbulbs.com H4 Bi-Xenon HID kit

MikeN02

I finally installed a Kit by DDM that I bought about 6 months ago, a 4300 K bulb, but It looks white as hell! I thought It was going to look a lot more like the OEM light, just brighter, but it looks kind of blueish... What's a 4300K supossed to look light? Any one have that color on their bikes?

Cheers
That's pretty odd, the bluish light is supposed to be 6k or 8k. Even with 6k you get white with a tint of blue, 8k is pretty blue. 5k is pure white and the lower you go down the more yellow you get.

Tmak73

So I was working on installing my HID kit from krypton bulbs. I saw that the harness for the headlight on my bulb is a 3-prong (positive, negative, and ground) and the one i received is just a 2 prong? anyone else run into this?

MikeN02

So I was working on installing my HID kit from krypton bulbs. I saw that the harness for the headlight on my bulb is a 3-prong (positive, negative, and ground) and the one i received is just a 2 prong? anyone else run into this?
Negative IS the ground...

Should be Low beam, High Beam and Ground. Unless you just purchased the single beam.

Tmak73

Well my stock bulb had 3 male ends that went into a 3 prong female end. The ballast I got only has the 2 male ends. This picture shows the clips that should plug into something. I pulled them out of the plastic holder it was in. It was shaped a lot like a 3 prong wall outlet if that makes sense? Any help is appreciated. I really probably don't know what I am doing considering its my first install on the bike.

Attachments

MikeN02

Did you follow the guide?

Put the plastic back on there.

The bulb looks like a 3 pronged outlet, then the plug has the female part that goes into it.

With the new kit you plug the female part of the plug into the bulb then the male part into the bike's OEM female three pronged plug.

It's fairly simple. You just need to remember that there has to be power coming from somewhere to turn the lights on and that it has to run through the new HID ballasts as well.

Tmak73

Alright I will have to double check. I am probably just making some little mistake or something.

72racer

Elite Member
F

FZ6R_Blue

Hey 72racer did you go with the setup i linked above? If so did you have to mess with wiring at all or was it plug-n-play?

NeoTericJM

Here is a picture of a before and after for the HID I got. The angle for the before isn't the best but you get the drift.

F

FZ6R_Blue

It seems like the stock lights work better during the day and the HID work better at night. I really want to get them but want to be sure they are plug-n-play as i dont want to mess with the wiring

MikeN02

Assuming krytonbulb's kits are like ddm tunings which I'm sure they are then it's just plug and play.

I had ddm tuning as my first kit for the FZ6-R and then kryptonbulbs as my second kit and both came as plug and play.

H.I.D's are bright, they're kind of like natural sunlight as you go up in the K ratings so I've heard. 6k is the most popular, with white with a tint of blue. 5k is white and 8k is iceberg blue.

Only bad part I would say about after-market lighting is the cut off point. Say you're riding normally you can see the cut off point at the horizon. When you turn the horizon changes vertically so you don't see for a split second. like an L

F

FZ6R_Blue

NEO did you get the 1bulb setup or the 2 bulb i thougt the 09 fz6r had one bulb. how would that work(anyone?)

MikeN02

NEO did you get the 1bulb setup or the 2 bulb i thougt the 09 fz6r had one bulb. how would that work(anyone?)
The FZ6-R is one bulb. You get either get the low beam only.

Or the bulb that has both Low and High beam. The bulb gets brighter for the high beam same as stock.

joloy133

It seems like the stock lights work better during the day and the HID work better at night. I really want to get them but want to be sure they are plug-n-play as i dont want to mess with the wiring
I know the HID conversion is hot right now, but I ride mainly daytime hours and will probably go with an upgraded H4 bulb, PIAA. Thats an intermediate alternative to improve stock visibility. FWIW

Sage

I know the HID conversion is hot right now, but I ride mainly daytime hours and will probably go with an upgraded H4 bulb, PIAA. Thats an intermediate alternative to improve stock visibility. FWIW
That's what I want to do over a full HID conversion

F

FZ6R_Blue

You have a link for those?