Moving on from my FZ6R

MattEnTheHat

your right about the insurance, its WAY more than an FZ6R i would imagine, even down under. Im at a whopping 100 bucks a year for my FZ6R for just liability.
Coming from another 20 year old, the insurance might actually not be as bad as you think. I pay about $250/year for just liability and uninsured motorist with the FZ6R. I'm looking into upgrading to an R6 sometime around the end of the summer, so I just got a quote, and they only want $325/year for liability or about $400/year for liability and uninsured motorist, so its not TOO bad. That is with zero tickets or accidents ever, though, so that probably helps a bit...

Malicioso

Thank you for the comments guys!

Well I'm finally getting the bike today, was supposed to take delivery of it 5 days back but there were issued with obtaining parts for it to clear registration requirements mainly due to dealer not having all the OEM parts on hand.

Will post up some pics later today once it's in the garage :)

Bert-Aus

Great stuff Malicioso!!! Let's see some photos of your new ride. Congrats too

ch33zecake

Sick bike. Of all the superbikes to choose from the Kawi would've been my choice especially the 2014 lineup. I love the matte colors.

Mew

Coming from another 20 year old, the insurance might actually not be as bad as you think. I pay about $250/year for just liability and uninsured motorist with the FZ6R. I'm looking into upgrading to an R6 sometime around the end of the summer, so I just got a quote, and they only want $325/year for liability or about $400/year for liability and uninsured motorist, so its not TOO bad. That is with zero tickets or accidents ever, though, so that probably helps a bit...
Its bad in Ontario, They quote me at 5k a year for an r6. I have never had a ticket and have courses too. I pay 2300 a year for insurance now.

Nmexico

Its bad in Ontario, They quote me at 5k a year for an r6. I have never had a ticket and have courses too. I pay 2300 a year for insurance now.
What???

2300 a year. In 2 years you will have paid more than the bike is worth blue book. I read that Canada is ridiculous with insurance prices. Some provinces have a monopoly on the insurance game. Like in British Columbia, its that ICBC I think. I would just ride without it.

Scott_Thomas

Insert title Here
Elite Member

Malicioso

Finally some photos as requested :)

My bro's ZX14R, a friends 1199 and my ZX10R

And a recent ride with my old bike's new owner AKA sunkist and some of his friends

I have thus far noticed two major things with this bike, 1st being the obvious, that it is freaking FAST!!! And the 2nd being that I've had to re-learn or should say adjust my style due to the riding position, I've noticed that my cornering is what needs the most work on this bike, I guess I'm being a bit stiff and need to loosen up a bit more or maybe over time I will get more confident with it???

None the less I'm over the moon with it! :D

Fizzer6R

Very nice, and bad boy bike is right, it's an ANIMAL!

I think my 07 ZX10R is a beast w/150HP that has no electronic aides etc., at least the newer ones have latest technology to help control 200HP :cool:

ElecGod

Elite Member

Reaver

Enjoy the new ride.

I promise you, you didn't " out grow " the 6r though. That sh*ts a fallacy.