mods, mods, mods

jtostenr

So...got done installing the alarm and decided to keep going :) Installed the brake lever (no issues with the pin) and FE and rear T/S. Only issue is that my left blinkers are not in sync even with the new relay. No big deal I guess.

Well that didn't take to long....so what next? I was originally going to wait until after I was done breaking in the bike before I installed the TBR exhaust and PCV, but after reading a bit I realized it shouldn't really matter if I do it now.

I started with the PCV. Pretty easy install, except for dealing with the tank. I was going to just take it off, but didn't see a good way to do it without spilling fuel all over. I decided to mount it where the instructions suggested and looks like there will be room there for the autotuner as well. Although, there is very little clearance when at full left lock.

Figured I might as well install the block off plates while I was in there. Getting those hose clamps off the airbox definitely sucks! I had a long allen wrench, but still a pain in the ***. Other than that, easy to install (I got the cheap ones from Powderkeg Racing).

And then...I decided since I never want to ever take this damn thing out again, I am going to cover it with the gold foil I bought after reading about Marthy's airbox mod (Thanks!) now instead of another time. Let's just say I hate wrapping presents and this seemed like some demented version of wrapping a Christmas present. I eventually got it done, not quite as nice as Marthy's but it will do the job I suppose. Two square feet of the stuff was just enough.

Got everything put back together and plugged in the laptop. Pretty easy to install the software, download the stock map and send it to the PCV. (I wanted to get the bike back to running condition right away). Tonight or tomorrow I'll be installing the exhaust and then the Autotuner maybe in another week or two. Still trying to figure out how to wire the speed and temp wires, but I think I can run without those for now (right?)

More pics to come, just got one of the airbox for now.

Jeff

Attachments

JT

Monster Member
Elite Member

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member
Last edited:

jtostenr

Sounds like you've been busy. Sounds good!

Dont forget protective mods also though, such as Radiator guard, Engine case and crankcase guards..etc..
Ya, I've been debating about those...how likely are they to be used in a typical low side / accident? I got the frame sliders installed right away, but not sure if I really needed much more than that. (Well, hopefully I will never NEED any of it.)

I FULLY agree w/ the way they put those hose clamps on the airbox. I had a heck of a time with long nose and linesman pliers. I was finally able to twist them around enough to be able to loosen. Should be easier now next time I need to change my spark plugs.
Arrgghhh...I forgot about changing spark plugs. Well at least I won't have to pull the airbox out again for quite a while.

Marthy

World Most Bad A$$ 6R
Elite Member

jtostenr

Got the TBR exhaust installed the evening. Install went pretty well, there are some tricky parts, but I was able to get it done without assistance. That said, this post -> http://www.600cc.org/forum/f91/tbr-exhaust-install-walkthrough-10-steps-22122/#post287527 helped alot. Also, thanks to Nate for the great deal on the exhaust.

And on to the pics...

A couple of the exhaust, brake lever, FE & signals, a view of the PCV placement, a closeup of the PCV placement, and frame slider.

Jeff

Attachments

MNGreg

waiting out winter
Elite Member