Madstad is on the bike!

Look really nice! I like it. It look like good quality product. Wish I saw that before... Take a look at my custom windscreen. My latest 26" windscreen with handlebar air deflectors... look not too bad for an home made one.

I have to disagree with you Marthy, I did look at your latest pics, I think yours looks BETTER then the CB shield, just my humble opinion. What I like about the Madstad unit is the ability to adjust it to get the best air flow. Allowing air to get behind the screen at the bottom allows the air to fill in behind the screen and better control laminar flow. If you can control that flow, you can dial out the buffeting and have less wind noise. As an aside, I have seen some folks cut in NACA ducts at the bottom of their shields to help control that air flow. I add this link to give you a better idea of what I am writing about here. NACA ducts for your BMW R1150GS

Pretty sweet windshield, would be nice this winter. I googled their website and they have some pics of your install, but don't list the FZ6R on their products page. Was yours just a one off or do they plan to sell them at some point? I sent an email asking them about it also.

The guys at Madstad have a listing for the windshield now, but it's a different shape than yours. Are they sending you the new shape to try out? I'd kinda like to see it on the bike before making the plunge..especially since my bike is in pieces now for some upgrades and I wouldn't be able to try it for a while.

I'm working with them to get the larger newer shape, so that I can keep the same height as I currently have while having it several inches lower in the mounting to keep the air from going under. I'll get you some pics when I get it.

Sounds good, I look forward to seeing it! Maybe by then I'll have all the mechanical upgrades done and can put it back together.

That's a huge windshield, bet it'd be nice at 3am on my way to work. But how low can it go? Seems like it'd be overly hot in the summer if it blocks the wind too well. Though I suppose it isn't that hard to switch back to the regular windshield if necessary. Just curious if it'd be good to go year round. Can you take a few pics of different adjustment heights, especially all the way down. I've been on trips in the summer with guys with full windshields and they'll be burning up while I'm nice and cool. Oh and I was wearing perforated leather while they were in t-shirts. Good airflow is just as important as blocking it depending on how hot it is.

It can go down all the way, and can tilt, so you can really alter the wind flow. It is also connected with thumb screws to the brackets, so you can remove it in about 2 mins and replace it with the smaller one as well.

For this time of year, tall and well configured is the best option for me!

New clear 20" windscreen to replace the 18". After mounting the 20", I lowered the brackets down about 2". This maintained the overall height, but closed the gap at the bottom where the narrow fairing would allow wind to come around.

Works great on the freeway to keep the wind off. I think its perfect now for winter riding with the heated grips and hand guards.

Tour Setup

Back