Lowered her a bit

kevin8198

Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

Looks good man! Yeah these things are begging for the front to be lowered. The front of mine is lowered 1.75" and I have felt no negative side effects.of course I got the lowering link too.

Chucker

That's similar to how I took the weight of my shock to remove it. I had it up on a rear stand and used a 1000LB ratchet strap over a ceiling joist and around the frame below the seat. Ratcheted it up just enough to take the pressure off the shock and out she came.

I picked up a triple tree stand for $70 that is awesome for getting the front wheel up. Makes any fork work a breeze.

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

JSP

Super Moderator
Good job! She should turn into corners much nicer now.

CrazyCawi

I wanna do this

whats the chance of the front bottoming for a bigger guy?

kevin8198

Elite Member

CrazyCawi

im 250lbs....How long did it take to lower it? whats all involved?

CrazyCawi

do you have any side profile pics?

yfz6r

Just loosen the bolts on the triple around the forks, slide the triple down and tighten back up. Takes 10 mins. Get a tape measure and make sure everything is even.

kevin8198

Elite Member

Vulpine

Looks great! I lowered my front a little over 1.5 inches and I love it. Before this mod I was tempted to trade her in for an SS. I now have ergos I want on the perfect street bike.

kevin8198

Elite Member

Perdurable

Teeker!!!
Elite Member

bobby bo bonsin

I recall seeing several fz6r lowered quite a bit in the front without the rear being lowered and haven't heard anything negative about it. I know super streetbike mag lowered theirs alot in the front and that guy from Brazil on here with the slick black bike has done it. I don't think it will effect the bike too much as it sits too high to begin with.it will sit more like a supersport. I wouldn't go over a 1.5 inches though.